Sign in to follow this  
jimmyzr1

Where to stay for 8 days while looking for an area to live near Cebu

Headshot
4 hours ago, jimmyzr1 said:

Ok, let’s say if I was planning on spending up to and around 40k p per school year (or around $100 us per month), is that doable for one of the better schools? How much would you guess the international schools run, if you happen to know? Also, her son speaks Tagalog and English, will that be a problem, in your opinion? Thanks for all of your advice, I really appreciate that.

The international schools will cost you from about 480k to 750k, depending on the year in school. SHS Ateneo de Cebu will cost you 60k to 105k depending on the year in school. I'm not including nursery and kindergarten. Tuition goes up in most private schools here as the child progresses through the grades. For a 4th grader (9-years-old) the cost would be about 480k at the international schools and about 80k at Ateneo.

Obviously, there are many private schools that are a lot cheaper than these, but there is a reason. Like I said, it depends on what you expect as to what you get from a school in the Philippines.

• Like 1

smokey
17 hours ago, jimmyzr1 said:

Ok, let’s say if I was planning on spending up to and around 40k p per school year (or around $100 us per month), is that doable for one of the better schools? How much would you guess the international schools run, if you happen to know? Also, her son speaks Tagalog and English, will that be a problem, in your opinion? Thanks for all of your advice, I really appreciate that.

Which school would that be? In what province is that and what is the area like? What do you mean by every student has more than 90 points? Thanks, Jim

More like 40.000 sem plus books uniform.  Lab.  Sports in cie they encouraged my kids to take fencing and music this added 30.000 a year per student and some schools require drama to pick up the kids . i almost went broke with her 4 in college my two highschool