Salty Dog

Philippines Top 10 Things To Do

Salty Dog

While you may not agree with all this guy's list, the video quality is excellent.

• Like 3

Headshot

Nice video, but he definitely needs to learn how to pronounce place names here. He got almost every one wrong.

EOMFD464
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

Nice video, but he definitely needs to learn how to pronounce place names here. He got almost every one wrong.

:shit_stirrer: 

• Like 1

Semper paratus

To each their own as they say. I can add these places to my bucket list of places not to go. LOL  But I am a country boy, Beaches don't do much for me. And I had to walk for mile and miles on sand beaches in the Coast Guard when we were looking for downed airplanes, I had some interesting run ins with some people that thought they owned the beach and could stop me from crossing what they thought was their property. Can you imagine ? Here I am looking for wreckage , bodies, or parts of plane debris and what not and they thought I couldn't walk on their beach ! They changed their tune real quick when I showed the my I.D. as a Federal Boarding Officer, at that time we were part of the U.S. Treasury Dept.. I just told them, here would you like a ticket for $500.00 ? That is my starting point. And I'll see you in Federal Court. That was in the '60's to.  They shut up and got out of the way real quick after that. Oh well enough nostalgia. So I have seen all the sand I care to. Give me those Green Acres. LOL. 

Pretty places I suppose just not my cup of mango juice. Cheers

• Thanks 1

EOMFD464
6 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

While you may not agree with all this guy's list, the video quality is excellent.

He makes top notch videos.

• Like 1

Semper paratus

Nice videos, But rose colored glasses again. How about a shot of the garbage and sewage at Boracay, Manila Bay, and rivers, and so on. We stopped taking our dog swimming in Dumaguete at the Silliman beach because of all the sewage and garbage flowing in there. Yuck. Take an early morning stroll up and down the streets going to the Blvd. in Dumaguete and the stench of urine is enough to gag a maggot. Wear your rose colored glasses if you like, but reality is reality. Why do you suppose so many here wear masks while driving and even walking ? I am not saying all is bad here but I am a realist. It is what it is if you can handle it. 

mikewright

Excellent video. He's certainly picked some great places in his "top ten".

I'm another one still wearing those rose-coloured glasses, even after almost three decades visiting the Philippines. I've always said that the Philippines is not for everyone; it's a developing country, with everything that entails. There is dirt and poverty and slums, but if you can handle that side of things, you can also appreciate the beauty of the place and the people.  The video is of the top tourist spots visited by the guy and his girl friend as tourists, and they look as if they are enjoying themselves immensely.

It's different if you live there, where the everyday trials and tribulations can get people down after a while.  Some seem to view the country through fecal glasses. My own experience is that all my friends and relatives who have visited the Philippines as tourists over the years have loved it, many going back year after year.  The turtles and corals of Apo Island, the wreck diving at Coron, swimming with the whale sharks, the Sagada-Batad areas with the hanging coffins and rice terraces, laid-back Port Barton,  all IMO great tourist spots.

• Like 3