Sign in to follow this  
liquido

LTE Pocket WIFI Worth Keeping ?

liquido

I have had this Pocket WIFI for awhile but never really use it..Is there any advantage to hold on to it since most modern phones have 4g/LTE and of course tethering???..Im using a Huawei Nova 2i phone and quite happy with it and thinking the WIFI speed is just as fast as the Pocket...Im thinking the Pockets are things of the past?

Jawny

I have both Globe and Smart pocket WiFi devices.  Where I live, internet access is weak, and sometimes non existent.  As well, sometimes Globe is good and Smart not, vice versa.  I use them whenever I am away from the house.  I have postpaid plans for these, so I get a reasonably good amount of data for a monthly fee.  Both use a rollover plan, so unused rolls over to the next months billing.   

I do believe the gadgets get outdated, so having a newer 4G sim may not work well in a older gadget.  I bought a TPLink gadget that can use either sim.  This is for times when I have battery issues. 

liquido
12 minutes ago, Jawny said:

I have both Globe and Smart pocket WiFi devices.  Where I live, internet access is weak, and sometimes non existent.  As well, sometimes Globe is good and Smart not, vice versa.  I use them whenever I am away from the house.  I have postpaid plans for these, so I get a reasonably good amount of data for a monthly fee.  Both use a rollover plan, so unused rolls over to the next months billing.   

I do believe the gadgets get outdated, so having a newer 4G sim may not work well in a older gadget.  I bought a TPLink gadget that can use either sim.  This is for times when I have battery issues. 

But your phone is basically a pocket wifi and more than likely dual sim...

Jawny
4 minutes ago, liquido said:

My phone is not a dual sim and I use a prepay load.  I have family members who can use the gadgets.  

Pehaps you just just toss the gadget if your phone is adequate. 

SkyMan
On 2/11/2019 at 11:50 AM, liquido said:

That's why I might get one, because my phone is not dual sim. When I got it I was assuming it was or didn't care but now I see the value.