bkb1

She Tried To Extort Me For 10,000 Pesos

bkb1

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Davaoeno

Much ado about nothing. I think this tiny fender bender is the most exciting thing that happened to this Duffus in the last year!

Get over yourself buddy!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

RogerDuMond

Fifth time it is happened to him, he must be doing something wrong.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

savarity

Well, at least he had a dash cam and the police sided with him.

• Like 3

maximian
4 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

Fifth time it is happened to him, he must be doing something wrong.

Driving up and down Fields Avenue doesn't help. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jester

Well that was a surprise ending,  I expected the long nose to be hauled off to jail and deported! 

Dafey
5 hours ago, NigelandMJ said:

I thought this forum was about informing people about what things are like living here

Right you are Nigel. Unfortunately some people feel large to be condescending to others. That's also part of the forum and something to get used to. Let it roll off like water over a ducks back. However you can also use that info for who to listen to when you need advice.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

TequilaSunset
6 hours ago, NigelandMJ said:

Just a point here. Was that comment necessary?  I thought this forum was about informing people about what things are like living here, and other things, like what to look out for. In my opinion, that is what the OP was doing. From what I see when driving here, his points are totally relevant. And the likely hood of something similar occurring to another foreigner here are extremely high. So, why not warn them? And let them know generally how to deal with it. Or are you genuinely concerned that the other driver was seen to be in the wrong?

You will learn who to simply ignore, or PUT on ignore :D 

• Like 2

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

Right you are Nigel. Unfortunately some people feel large to be condescending to others.

And some people believe that their attitude on any matter is beyond reproach .  I did not put down the content - only the delivery !!   but then if you addressed that you wouldnt be able to pontificate would you !   This thread isnt " how to conduct oneself in the Philippines"   - its a  video thread where anyone can post a video for others to comment on . 

If you review the previous posts containing videos most of them have nothing to do with the Philippines..

Edited by Davaoeno

Dafey

Never said you were wrong just telling a relative newbie to take everything in stride. In fact you know I look up to a lot of your information.

Chillax...

• Like 2

oztony
4 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

And some people believe that their attitude on any matter is beyond reproach .  I did not put down the content - only the delivery !!   but then if you addressed that you wouldnt be able to pontificate would you !   This thread isn't " how to conduct oneself in the Philippines"   - its a  video thread where anyone can post a video for others to comment on . 

If you review the previous posts containing videos most of them have nothing to do with the Philippines..

Ian I don't see too much wrong with the delivery myself , the guy made a clip about an incident "on the fly" as it happened and progressed , I think he dealt with it calmly and quite well and how he conducted himself with this incident was a pretty good example on what to do in this situation ...OK you think he is a dufus , thats your opinion , it appears most other folks here think otherwise ...so be it.

• Like 7

Jawny

I found the story this guy tells is useful for someone with little experience driving here.  I’ve had incidents with a pedestrian, a pot pot, a large truck and a motorcycle. Been to the police in two of these incidents.  Total cost to me for "damages" has been ₽2050. 

The ₽50 was to buy a new inner tube for the pot pot driver.  That was amazing.  He struck my vehicle with his wheel in a crowded market area.  I was driving an old multi cab.  As he extracted himself he damaged his tire.  He went on about how I caused the "accident". He had banged into me and then damaged his own tire.  I left without resolving the issue.

About a week later, one of the merchants we regularly shop with told me the police  had come to her to inquire about me.  The driver wanted ₽50 for his tire.  I left her the money.

Another incident was with a motorcycle which side swiped me, also while driving my older multi cab. I mention that as the vehicle has many scrapes and dents from years on the road before I owned it.  

The motorcycle entered from a side street and did one of the "you saw me" maneuvers which essentially means the driver gradually squeezes into traffic without looking.  He misjudged my speed and sideswiped me.  He and his passenger fell.  The passenger had a minor scrape on her knee, so (like an idiot or dufus) I asked if she wanted to go to the nearby hospital.  She did.  I met them there and was immediately told the treatment (a bandage) had to be Paid for upfront...... and I was to pay it.

Nope, let’s go to the police.

This is where the guy in the video makes it very clear, and I agree.  Get the police involved.

When we told our sides of the story, a blotter report was created.  I had some experience with this after my child had been struck by a bus.

The police, bored silly, took so much interest that at one point there were six or seven all examining my vehicle, trying to see which of the many scratches were the result of the accident.  

I stood firm in my description of how the accident occurred.  The onus was on the other driver, a young man, to decide if he agreed or not.  Of course, had had one issue to deal with.  He had only an EXPIRED learners permit and his passenger was unlicensed.  So, if this proceeded, he would be charged for the illegal operation and his bike impounded.  Other choice, leave.  He left, problem solved.

• Like 5

Davaoeno
10 hours ago, Dafey said:

Never said you were wrong just telling a relative newbie to take everything in stride. In fact you know I look up to a lot of your information.

Chillax...

Well the tribe has spoken and apparently I've been voted off the island! 

I will go peacefully into the night!

( but I still think he is a self aggrandizing Duffus! )

serve me chilled ! 😊

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4