Sign in to follow this  
Crag

Certificate to contract marriage

Crag

Thanks Headshot,  its definitely closer to where I live,  appreciate the info. That's where I'll go. 

Salty Dog

Do the documents still look the same as they did when it was called the NSO...:unknw:

shadow
22 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Do the documents still look the same as they did when it was called the NSO...:unknw:

Yes, except for the logo.

• Thanks 1

bert
2 hours ago, shadow said:

NSO/PSA documents can also be ordered online here;

https://www.psaserbilis.com.ph/Default.aspx

isnit there a aussie consulate in cebu city  i read some where that you could renew aussi passport  sometime last year keppel street  i thihk

Woolf

@bert

If you did not read before here is a good read for you

https://philippines.embassy.gov.au/mnla/CNI.html

one thing I noticed,  but take the link and read it all

If you are an Australian citizen wishing to marry overseas, the foreign government may request that you have a Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage (CNI) issued. DFAT in Australia can issue a CNI, however many foreign governments will only accept CNIs issued by the Australian Embassy within their country. The Philippine government requires a CNI issued by the Australian Embassy in the Philippines.

The Philippine Government normally do not accept a CNI issued more than 6 months prior to the date of marriage.

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

SkyMan
40 minutes ago, Woolf said:

The Philippine government requires a CNI issued by the Australian Embassy in the Philippines.

Which is probably why Crag needs to get a new one from his embassy.  That or it's more than 6 months old.

• Like 1

Jawny

Crag would probably get better results if he went to the South African embassy and not the Australia embassy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SkyMan
6 hours ago, Jawny said:

Crag would probably get better results if he went to the South African embassy and not the Australia embassy.  

Actually, it probably would work.  Just sayin....

Jess Bartone

I never had to go to a marriage seminar.

Davaoeno
49 minutes ago, Jess Bartone said:

I never had to go to a marriage seminar.

I never had go go to one either- but I did pay for one !! 

Crag

So just to update  everybody on my progress towards getting all the required docs. I applied for the CENOMAR yesterday (11 Feb) and it will take 20 business days for me to get it and cost 260 pesos. 

I emailed the South African Embassy in Manilla last Friday to ask them about the Certificate to contract marriage. At the same time asking if i could apply for it without having to come to Manilla. 

Their reply was within 2 days which was great. Their answer/ response on my enquiry was also good news. They told me that they don't do the Certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage at the SA Embassy. But rather i have to send the already cert of non impediment i have to the dept of international relations and cooperation in South Africa. What makes it good is that the original document is with my family in South Africa. They will now courier it to this dept in South Africa for authentication for the Philippines specifically. It will take 2 days for them to do it without cost, once authenticated they will be sent back to my family and my family will post it to me here in Cebu. 

I think this is the South African way of authenticating a cert that will be recognized as the Certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage like its  known in other words. 

Edited by Crag
Correcting spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jawny
21 minutes ago, Crag said:

So just to update  everybody on my progress towards getting all the required docs. I applied for the CENOMAR yesterday (11 Feb) and it will take 20 business days for me to get it and cost 260 pesos. 

I emailed the South African Embassy in Manilla last Friday to ask them about the Certificate to contract marriage. At the same time asking if i could apply for it without having to come to Manilla. 

Their reply was within 2 days which was great. Their answer/ response on my enquiry was also good news. They told me that they don't do the Certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage at the SA Embassy. But rather i have to send the already cert of non impediment i have to the dept of international relations and cooperation in South Africa. What makes it good is that the original document is with my family in South Africa. They will now courier it to this dept in South Africa for authentication for the Philippines specifically. It will take 2 days for them to do it without cost, once authenticated they will be sent back to my family and my family will post it to me here in Cebu. 

I think this is the South African way of authenticating a cert that will be recognized as the Certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage like its  known in other words. 

Crag, Thanks for the update.  It’s not unusual for a bit of bureaucratic overkill with regard to these authentications. I think the term used is "red ribbon" for the authenticated documents. Been a long while for me, but I do recall having to get some documents authenticated and it ended up being this assembled set of documents, all attached together with a single metal fastener with a red ribbon. Made me think of using wax seals on royal documents. 

I did have to produce a document in a similar fashion when I was married.  The American embassy issues a Affidavit In Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage,.  A long bit of words to say you swear in front of an embassy official that you’re really, truly, honestly able to marry. I recall getting mine along with about twenty or so others.  We all waited, stood up,when instructed, raised our right hands and swore that we were really telling the truth. That was it.  

I suspect this is a way the Philippines makes sure foreigners really truly, honestly and with certainty want to marry their citizens. 

• Thanks 1

Crag

Have to run the marathon to win the race and breaking red ribbon,  hehehe. 

If we want it we have to get it. 

• Like 1

SkyMan
2 hours ago, Crag said:

Did you order one for her too?  And some BCs?

Crag

Have to run the marathon to win the race and breaking red ribbon,  hehehe. 

If we want it we have to get it.