jimmyzr1

Metal detecting beaches in and around Cebu

jimmyzr1

Here’s some more pictures of some of my finds, with a few more silver and gold jewelry including some listed above. My girlfriend and I are going to be in the Cebu area in a week for about a week trying to figure out where we might want to live. We would like to be in an area where other expats live, prefer a house, townhouse, to a condo. We hope to enroll her 9 year old son in a private school and live in a safe subdivision preferably. We also would hope to meet with a group of expats while in town if possible to discuss such things as well. I hope to meet others interested in metal detecting beaches or maybe parks or anywhere with history where cool things could be found.

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

• Thanks 1

Humboldt

If you find some Silver coins and would like to sale for Bullion value , I will give you spot price 

jimmyzr1

Lol, I’ve got lots of them in the US in my safe deposit box. I wouldn’t sell them to friends at spot before I left. Silver will go back up.

Humboldt
6 hours ago, jimmyzr1 said:

Lol, I’ve got lots of them in the US in my safe deposit box. I wouldn’t sell them to friends at spot before I left. Silver will go back up.

Hope your not with Wells Fargo , cuz you don't own that box ,,

Physical cash and metals in your own possession, or else you're just an unsecured creditor. THE FDIC CAN ONLY ENSURE .75% OF ALL DEPOSITS... might be safer in the ground Lol

jimmyzr1
41 minutes ago, Humboldt said:

Hope your not with Wells Fargo , cuz you don't own that box ,,

Physical cash and metals in your own possession, or else you're just an unsecured creditor. THE FDIC CAN ONLY ENSURE .75% OF ALL DEPOSITS... might be safer in the ground Lol

I hope you don’t know something I don’t know about Wells Fargo as that’s where they are being held at this time. Also, I know safe deposit boxes are not insured as well. I also Have other items being held there as well and am not planning on returning there for some time as I just got here to the Philippines.

Cebuandrew

I think this is a great idea. I did WW II treasure hunting for a few years here, and it was a blast. 2 good books on it out there, and thousands of old Japenese symbols. What I found was in retirement, it was simply a great hobby. Kept the mind sharp in researching, and good exercise. Plus, going to new places and talking to older locals.

Been pondering metal detecting on beaches I know for a few years as well. Problem I see, is best results would be for OP to go to more remote tourist areas that are virgin for such devices. Long weekends. And problem there is the kids. One would be surrounded by local kids, who catch on quickly, and will start digging with a "beep beep" sound before you. Public beach, and they can do it. You start digging, and 20 small hands are also digging with you. In the States, remote beach and kids have better things to do. In the provinces, they have nothing better to do but follow you around.

• Like 2

GBT62
19 hours ago, Cebuandrew said:

And problem there is the kids.

Agree totally.

It's a hobby I've always wanted to get into - but TBH back in AU there's nothing really that old to find.

But here, given the way I get swamped by kids whenever I get my drone out - no matter how remote the location - and get asked if I will "let them fly my helicopter", or even give it to them - and they try to grab it :huh: - I'd be concerned how much more interest you'd get from kids/teens/older when they think you are "digging for treasure" in their area ....

Certainly a group hobby as the OP stated.

jimmyzr1
14 minutes ago, GBT62 said:

Agree totally.

It's a hobby I've always wanted to get into - but TBH back in AU there's nothing really that old to find.

But here, given the way I get swamped by kids whenever I get my drone out - no matter how remote the location - and get asked if I will "let them fly my helicopter", or even give it to them - and they try to grab it :huh: - I'd be concerned how much more interest you'd get from kids/teens/older when they think you are "digging for treasure" in their area ....

Yes, I hear you and tend to agree, but if I keep giving the kids my basura, or small centavos, most of them will leave. I’m hoping to have a couple of friends I make go out metal detecting with me. I brought 3 metal detectors with me, so hopefully that will be fun. The best spots probably will be in the more expensive resort areas or at least where tourists visit the most.

14 minutes ago, GBT62 said:

Agree totally.

Ahhh 

Edited by jimmyzr1