Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

Be ready for Lazada

TimL

I use Lazada quite a bit. I have probably order 40+ things in the past 6 months. Processing and delivery times vary quite a bit so I only get stuff from there that I am in no hurry to receive. Biggest issue that I have had with them, is waiting 2 weeks for delivery of an item that was already in Cebu to be delivered to me in Cebu.  Shrug....

I always use COD so, I’ve ever had any credit issues. I haven’t had to return anything yet at this point either.

SkyMan

Anyone have any tips for improving searches on Lazada?  If you search in a normal search engine, the more words you use, the more the search is refined down to what you likely want.  In Lazada, the more words you put in the bigger the search net and thousands more items are added.   I once searched on welding coveralls and on the first page was some chick modeling sexy lingerie.  Probably not quite useful for welding.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Haha 1

Jawny

One search trick that has helped me is to make an initial search, then when the suggested products come up, usually, along with the sexy clothing, my item is there.  I click on it to get more info and when I comes up with the details, the category is shown where the item is "filed". Then I can click on that category and narrow the search even more by choosing brands etc.

• Like 3

cookie47

I use the mobile app 99% of the time, I just put in a generic description and seemed to have done OK.

Yes the sexy clothing came up when i was lookin for electronics.

Trying to convince my wife I'm on the Lazada site is a worry..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

wondersailor

I usually do my searches through google, much faster and more accurate. I must admit that I use shopee more than lazada. Somethings shopee have a better selection or price. Sometimes lazada does.

I also have a problem with lbc delivery. They don't and say they did. Last week I was sitting on the balcony overlooking my gate and can see all the way up and down the street when I got a text from the lbc delivery guy which said "Sir, I am at your gate!" . I told him nope and proceeded to give him directions. He never read it. It was a live lemon tree that sat wrapped in plastic at the lbc warehouse in Manila for 5 days waiting to be flown out. I will cancel any order coming through lbc. Don't need it that badly. Ninja van and , to lesser degree, Black Arrow are pretty good. Damn, I really see red when I think of lbc!

Jawny
8 hours ago, wondersailor said:

I usually do my searches through google, much faster and more accurate. I must admit that I use shopee more than lazada. Somethings shopee have a better selection or price. Sometimes lazada does.

I also have a problem with lbc delivery. They don't and say they did. Last week I was sitting on the balcony overlooking my gate and can see all the way up and down the street when I got a text from the lbc delivery guy which said "Sir, I am at your gate!" . I told him nope and proceeded to give him directions. He never read it. It was a live lemon tree that sat wrapped in plastic at the lbc warehouse in Manila for 5 days waiting to be flown out. I will cancel any order coming through lbc. Don't need it that badly. Ninja van and , to lesser degree, Black Arrow are pretty good. Damn, I really see red when I think of lbc!

LBC is really bad in our area.  I live in a small Barangay and if an LBC delivery is made, its front page news.  The LBC tracking showed the driver made two attempts, but no one near to us saw the driver on those days.  

Ninja van is energetic in getting the parcel delivered.  I get text messages in advance of the delivery, on the day of delivery and a follow up query as well as customer service email.  Over the top.  

I’ve had a DHL driver take a bus to make a delivery and made a direct call to be sure we would be there to accept the delivery.  Almost seemed worried we’d not get our parcel.

LBC doesn’t compare. 

• Like 2

wondersailor
30 minutes ago, Jawny said:

LBC is really bad in our area.  I live in a small Barangay and if an LBC delivery is made, its front page news.  The LBC tracking showed the driver made two attempts, but no one near to us saw the driver on those days.  

Ninja van is energetic in getting the parcel delivered.  I get text messages in advance of the delivery, on the day of delivery and a follow up query as well as customer service email.  Over the top.  

I’ve had a DHL driver take a bus to make a delivery and made a direct call to be sure we would be there to accept the delivery.  Almost seemed worried we’d not get our parcel.

LBC doesn’t compare

LBC doesn't compare because they don't care. Why should they? Real competition has been locked out of the country (UPS, FedEx) to protect LBC. They can charge what they want and get away with bad service because they don't have real competition. Until the Philippines learns that competition spurs good service and price little will change from being a third world country. What holds this country back is itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Goetz1965

They cancel when the SELLER is in China and the ordered goods don't arrive in Lazada Warehouse in Manila in time !
I had this 2 times myself, so for me it was ok as I got refunded.

• Like 1

Province-life

My wife sells a lot on Lazada. I love it to be honest, they deliver small items to most of Luzon for 50 pesos, charge sellers no commission, offer discounts out of their own pocket.
Sellers who cancel a lot will end up banned, they updated it a couple of weeks ago aswell so that anything is automatically cancelled if it's not shipped within 3 days and the seller gets a 'naughty' mark, 10 cancelled orders equals 1 bad seller review.

Edited by Province-life
  • Like 1

RogerDuMond
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, cookie47 said:

Ordered from Lazada..... Waited two weeks, same thing happened, ordered cancelled by seller.

I had one item cancelled by an overseas seller and the excuse was "out of stock", the following day, the same item was listed by the same seller at nearly double the price.

• Like 1

RogerDuMond
17 hours ago, Jawny said:

LBC doesn’t compare. 

All three are decent in my area. The only differences are DHL only delivers in this area twice a week and Ninja Van always delivers late afternoon, sometimes after dark.

cookie47
I had one item cancelled by an overseas seller and the excuse was "out of stock", the following day, the same item was listed by the same seller at nearly double the price.
Yep, your absolutely right.

That's what happened to my exercise bike order. Cancelled one day, product goes missing for a few days then reappears at double the price.

hyaku

I have had a lot of cancellations and refunds lately. Many people just advertize stock as one item. I use the PC to order. Then the other day I noticed in the phone app, for the item I ordered they are asking for address confirmation. I started confirming and things seem to be running smoother. 

• Like 2

Jawny

I have read about how Amazon has to deal with ways sellers can game the system to increase sales, significantly.  I don’t recall the exact details, but a seller will change their price to be just slightly under the price of a competitor  As little a one cent difference.  This results in the seller appearing sooner in the search engine if price is selected  In turn, sales increase and the seller can quickly dominate the market.  As well, the seller, now being in the top rung of sales, can offer other products and because their "reputation" is increased, they can continue to dominate.  

I had an experience just yesterday where I wanted to order two items from a single supplier.  I placed them in my shopping cart, but when I tried to purchase the two, they would only be accepted as single item orders.  Two orders, two shipping fees.

• Like 1

cookie47
I have had a lot of cancellations and refunds lately. Many people just advertize stock as one item. I use the PC to order. Then the other day I noticed in the phone app, for the item I ordered they are asking for address confirmation. I started confirming and things seem to be running smoother. 
Correct, i only noticed "please confirm your address" request VERY recently and in fact found it by accident (so to speak). So im wondering IF the item is large /heavy/bulky that they (the seller) not Lazada are trying to ensure the order is "genuine". I don't understand really as your address is on file and who would order something knowingly that your address is incorrect. DAH.

Anyway whilst I'm writing our bulk items are always delivered by Cargo King, their really good... Other items on a scooter.. If no one is home its left at the Guardhouse which I'VE left a note to advise that in The LAZADA.
Website..