Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

Small engine parts/repair shop?

SkyMan

I went to use my gas jackhammer today and the fuel primer bulb was guba. Any idea where I could get a replacement.  I'm thinking a scooter repair probably wouldn't have that. Maybe one of the hydraulic hose places?  Belmont has some parts. Any other ideas?

Edited by SkyMan

oztony

Have you considered a lawn mower , chainsaw.. whipper snipper outlet ...they have similar type primers...

image.png.16583c14901f3e926718b4a517268659.png I presume this is what we are talking about....

• Like 2

shadow
50 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I went to use my gas jackhammer today and the fuel primer bulb was guba. Any idea where I could get a replacement.  I'm thinking a scooter repair probably wouldn't have that. Maybe one of the hydraulic hose places?  Belmont has some parts. Any other ideas?

I repaired a similar apparatus (weed trimmer) a few years ago using a baby nipple, just cut it to size and epoxied it in place (also epoxied the hole). It worked for about 3 years, then the rest of the machine was toast.

• Like 4

SkyMan
5 hours ago, oztony said:

Have you considered a lawn mower , chainsaw.. whipper snipper outlet ...they have similar type primers...

image.png.16583c14901f3e926718b4a517268659.png I presume this is what we are talking about....

Yes, like that but just the clear bulb part. Looks like Lazada has it if it's the right size. 

SkyMan

So, trying to make sure I got the right size I ordered a 4 pack of the bulbs.  2 large and 2 small p97 plus p50 shipping.  I figured it was the small size I needed but figured I'd cover the bases.  Well, after 2 weeks waiting for arrival from China, the package only contained the 2 large which were in fact, too large.  So I did the lazada return, wondering how to actually return it.  After a bit it told me to keep what I had.  I guess they have a price threshold where they don't bother paying for return shipping.  Meanwhile, I went to Belmont and they do have some parts for Stihl weed whackers and they did have the primer bulb but for p200 each.  Geesh.  That one was slightly too large but I was able to press it in enough to get the screws in to clamp it down.  So now we're off again. 

• Like 1

throttleplate
5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

So, trying to make sure I got the right size I ordered a 4 pack of the bulbs.  2 large and 2 small p97 plus p50 shipping.  I figured it was the small size I needed but figured I'd cover the bases.  Well, after 2 weeks waiting for arrival from China, the package only contained the 2 large which were in fact, too large.  So I did the lazada return, wondering how to actually return it.  After a bit it told me to keep what I had.  I guess they have a price threshold where they don't bother paying for return shipping.  Meanwhile, I went to Belmont and they do have some parts for Stihl weed whackers and they did have the primer bulb but for p200 each.  Geesh.  That one was slightly too large but I was able to press it in enough to get the screws in to clamp it down.  So now we're off again. 

just for some info about the primer bulb and what it does. It doesnt actually squirt fuel into the engine, what is does is prime the carb itself by filling the carbs small needle and seat area with fuel.

• Like 1

SkyMan
On 2/22/2019 at 7:24 PM, throttleplate said:

just for some info about the primer bulb and what it does. It doesnt actually squirt fuel into the engine, what is does is prime the carb itself by filling the carbs small needle and seat area with fuel.

Yes, and pumps any bubbles from the fuel supply line. I used to worry about pressing it too much but you can press it all day and it just cycles fuel into the carb and any extra goes back into the tank via the overflow line.  I repacked the gear box with grease today and it's running quite well and starts easy.  I was worried this little chinese jackhammer would quit after 50-100 hours but I'd say we have 300 hours on it and still working well.  Nice not having to drag an extension cord or air hose out to the site.  I'd say it was worth the $325 I paid on Alibaba.