Salty Dog

PEX vs. Copper Plumbing

RedRanger
10 hours ago, SkyMan said:

It's actually pretty simple.  No more difficult than gluing PVC.  It's not a heat gun but an electric iron with a metal tube on one side and a metal post on the other.  The pipe end goes into the tube and the fitting goes over the post.  Then you turn it on for a few seconds.  Take them off and slide the pipe into the fitting.  Done.

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/20-32mm-ac-220v-600w-ppr-pipe-tube-temperature-controlled-heat-welding-machine-intl-i147730980-s172993113.html?search=1

I use same set up for running gas lines in the USA in the ground.  Seems like a bitch to put on 90's and other fittings on small pipe.  

Headshot
3 hours ago, RedRanger said:

I use same set up for running gas lines in the USA in the ground.  Seems like a bitch to put on 90's and other fittings on small pipe.  

It is pretty simple for fittings on 1" pipe.  Like Skyman said, it only takes a few seconds per joint, but the real value is in the fact that you will never have to worry about leaks for as long as the house stands.

RedRanger
20 hours ago, Headshot said:

It is pretty simple for fittings on 1" pipe.  Like Skyman said, it only takes a few seconds per joint, but the real value is in the fact that you will never have to worry about leaks for as long as the house stands.

What did you use once you got inside the house? for like the sinks? 1" or did you use some kind of transition fitting to go to another type of smaller piping?

Headshot
4 hours ago, RedRanger said:

What did you use once you got inside the house? for like the sinks? 1" or did you use some kind of transition fitting to go to another type of smaller piping?

I used 1" to 3/4" adapters just before the fixtures. It didn't seem to affect the flow at all.

• Like 1

SkyMan

You can also cut ppr with a ratcheting knife blade tool which is easier than using a hacksaw on PVC and no need to debur it afterwards. 

• Like 1

RedRanger
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:38 AM, Headshot said:

I used 1" to 3/4" adapters just before the fixtures. It didn't seem to affect the flow at all.

yea it shouldn't affect flow at all going from 1" to 3/4" at the fixture

SkyMan

Hard to find real 3/4 inch fixtures though. 

Headshot
56 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Hard to find real 3/4 inch fixtures though. 

My contractor didn't have any problem finding them.

SkyMan
On 2/16/2019 at 8:46 PM, Headshot said:

My contractor didn't have any problem finding them.

There are many that will attach to a 3/4" fitting but internally they are 1/2". There are only a couple spigots I can find that are actually 3/4". A lot of the kitchen faucets use 1/4" hoses.