Jester

My Philipina

softail
2 hours ago, Jester said:

I'm old she is young and keeps coming up with ideas.    

Keeps insisting I need a new wallet,  my wallet is only about 20 years old and still in pretty good shape, I  put my foot down on that one. No  new wallet!

She wants to go to the mall and buy stuff, I just go there to walk around and see no reason to buy anything, it is a place for walking around not buying. Unless of course there are closeout sales. 

I have a nice set of Sony wireless headphones so I can watch TV while she sleeps and not disturb her.   These are nice headphones.  I bought them since we have been married so less than 12 years old. 

Gets on me about my clothes occasionally,  I swear she bought more clothes last year than I have bought in the last 20 years. Her money, she earns it and can do as she likes with it.   The T shirts I bought at Country Mall??   12 years ago are in perfectly good condition, I do not need new ones.  

So for my birthday she gets me a new set of head phones,  sitting there trying not to be an old fart and act excited about her though fullness. But I am perfectly happy with my old headphones, they work extremely well and are comfortable.  I don't want new headphones but guess I will have to take one for the team. 

The trials and tribulations of being married to a Philippina. 

Quite talking about my wife like that!!!🤪

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

to_dave007

Same here.

"Why do you keep wearing that old belt..  you already have a new one"..  "yes.. but I want to finish wearing this one out so that I don't have two old ones."

• Like 5

SkyMan

Yeah,  when she says I need new clothes I tell her yes Ido, but we've already overspent the clothing budget on your clothes. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

oztony

I used to always go to the barber shop , sit down and a get a #2 cut with the electric shaver ...3 to 4 minutes and all done , give the barber $15 and go.

So about 10 or 12 years ago I come home and my wife has informed me that she has now bought an electric shaver for the head and another 1 for the face , and that she will be doing that from now on .....she calls it "renovating" me . Before this I used to always hand shave my face with shaving cream and razors... well this electric revolution was the best thing that happened ...now no more driving to the barber and plus at the same time as a haircut ...I get a free shave (renovated) ..these gadgets have paid for themselves a 100 times over.

(It's pretty easy because I am just a #2 haircut guy) admittedly nothing beats a razor shave , imo...well only 1 thing , a proper cut throat shave is the closest shave I have ever had ..but they don't come cheap $30 last one I had over a decade ago..

Funny thing is that my wife loves doing it ...win win...:)

• Like 9

to_dave007
32 minutes ago, oztony said:

.....she calls it "renovating" me

Funny thing that..  Men renovate houses..   and women renovate men..  and my second wife decided I was beyond renovation.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

HTM
17 hours ago, Jester said:

I'm old she is young and keeps coming up with ideas.    

Keeps insisting I need a new wallet,  my wallet is only about 20 years old and still in pretty good shape, I  put my foot down on that one. No  new wallet!

She wants to go to the mall and buy stuff, I just go there to walk around and see no reason to buy anything, it is a place for walking around not buying. Unless of course there are closeout sales. 

I have a nice set of Sony wireless headphones so I can watch TV while she sleeps and not disturb her.   These are nice headphones.  I bought them since we have been married so less than 12 years old. 

Gets on me about my clothes occasionally,  I swear she bought more clothes last year than I have bought in the last 20 years. Her money, she earns it and can do as she likes with it.   The T shirts I bought at Country Mall??   12 years ago are in perfectly good condition, I do not need new ones.  

So for my birthday she gets me a new set of head phones,  sitting there trying not to be an old fart and act excited about her though fullness. But I am perfectly happy with my old headphones, they work extremely well and are comfortable.  I don't want new headphones but guess I will have to take one for the team. 

The trials and tribulations of being married to a Philippina. 

This seems like a great life!

• Like 3

Jester
3 hours ago, oztony said:

I used to always go to the barber shop , sit down and a get a #2 cut with the electric shaver ...3 to 4 minutes and all done , give the barber $15 and go.

So about 10 or 12 years ago I come home and my wife has informed me that she has now bought an electric shaver for the head and another 1 for the face , and that she will be doing that from now on .....she calls it "renovating" me . Before this I used to always hand shave my face with shaving cream and razors... well this electric revolution was the best thing that happened ...now no more driving to the barber and plus at the same time as a haircut ...I get a free shave (renovated) ..these gadgets have paid for themselves a 100 times over.

(It's pretty easy because I am just a #2 haircut guy) admittedly nothing beats a razor shave , imo...well only 1 thing , a proper cut throat shave is the closest shave I have ever had ..but they don't come cheap $30 last one I had over a decade ago..

Funny thing is that my wife loves doing it ...win win...:)

My wife works in an upscale men's barbershop, so I save alot on haircuts.   A haircut likely only costs me about $1200 (US)  :rofl:   (1654 Aus) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

lamoe

We have two sets of knives - she's afraid of overly sharp ones - allowed to sharpen hers only when they get so dull they barley cut.

• Like 1

bounder

I walk a lot...I mean fifteen or more km at a time.  Been doing these walks around Negros & Cebu Islands for the past eight years. The missus has always walked with me.  At first, I thought it was because she enjoyed being by my side, but lately I am beginning to suspect that she is afraid some other Filipina will steal me away.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Dafey
16 hours ago, Jester said:

A haircut likely only costs me about $1200

I also have a very expensive barber, like you and Tony!

20 hours ago, oztony said:

only 1 thing , a proper cut throat shave is the closest shave I have ever had

No way I'm putting a straight razor in her hands!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

SkyMan
4 hours ago, Dafey said:

I also have a very expensive barber, like you and Tony!

No way I'm putting a straight razor in her hands!

First time I handed my wife the razor to cut my hair,  I set it to 0, she puts it on my neck and pushes it up.  OUCH!! You have to turn it on!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

streak03
On 2/3/2019 at 5:23 PM, SkyMan said:

First time I handed my wife the razor to cut my hair,  I set it to 0, she puts it on my neck and pushes it up.  OUCH!! You have to turn it on!

Haha thats some funny shit right there, I can see my wife doing that, thats why I dont let her cut my hair!