greatplace

Philippine house of representives passes marijuana bill

fred42

Wonder how much it will cost to convince a local doctor that you need it for medicinal purposes?

• Like 5

Dafey

Oscar Albayalde said “medicinal marijuana should come only in the form of pharmaceutical preparation derived from certain active ingredients, but not in its raw form as used for recreational smoking or ingestion.” 

Carreon cautioned that while medical marijuana may be an ingredient in making pharmaceutical medicines, it should not be taken through smoking.

“[Doctors] would not tell [their patients] to take one stick a day. It is either a tablet, a capsule, or a suppository” Carreon said.

Hell...I might as well shove it up my ass for all the good it will do me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

oztony
3 hours ago, fred42 said:

Wonder how much it will cost to convince a local doctor that you need it for medicinal purposes?

Normal consult fee .....................x 2 should round that one up..................

• Like 4

liquido
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

It is either a tablet, a capsule, or a suppository” Carreon said.

Can you snort it by emptying a capsule? Far out ..

Sealover

Don't be disappointed but you don't get high of medicinal marijuana, THC which is the stuff you get high of is out of the medicinal marijuana. I know a few persons who get this and are happy with it, they say it makes them relax in muscles and mind, remove pain and give a good sleep, none of them have any side effects, but who knows in the long run. I see it more as a herbal than traditional medicine 

• Like 1

RangerUp
2 hours ago, Dafey said:

Carreon cautioned that while medical marijuana may be an ingredient in making pharmaceutical medicines, it should not be taken through smoking. 

Right, so the pharmaceutical companies (and pharmacies) can profit.

After ten years when the world doesn't end, maybe they'll start with the licensed growers and dispensaries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sealover

Legalize the use of marijuana, as it happens in more and more countries, alcohol is much more dangerous. Many connect marijuana with criminals and you are a criminal if it's illegal and you break the law if you use it. Years ago tattoos were also connected to criminals, today it's connected to a celebrity like actors and sports stars, I know you can't directly compare this but the time change and attitudes change to   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

HTM

Sad news! I hope they stop it!

• Haha 3

savarity

It would provide patients in the Philippines with a lower priced, proven, rational, compassionate, and medically sound option to help with certain constant pain. A step in the right direction, as many nations have already found out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

KID
4 hours ago, HTM said:

Sad news! I hope they stop it!

Spoken like someone who has no experience in chronic pain or marijuana 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

RogerDuMond
14 hours ago, greatplace said:

The Bill now goes to the Senate which looks like it will pass there as well 

If it does, what do you think the chances are that Duterte will sign it?

KID
1 hour ago, RogerDuMond said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$

maximian
4 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

Duterte has already said that he will sign the medical marijuana bill.  

HTM
8 hours ago, KID said:

Spoken like someone who has no experience in chronic pain or marijuana  

Or it may be the opposite!