Sign in to follow this  
liquido

Thought I Was Banned

liquido

I thought I would post a to[ic about motorbike rentals in Bogo.I went to the site here and it pops up BANNED..This profile has been banned..Im thinking what the hell did I say or do?Im using Firefox and have this add-on called SetupVPN which is a free VPN..I was previously using that to watch a sports clip.Im thinking if I disable it and retry going to LINC just maybe thats the reason it said Bannned..Now mind you I really never logout from LINC..Well as soon as I did the disable I was able to go to the site..I guess that this site detects VPN's and if your a naughty boy they got you....haha

Dafey

Were you ever banned?

Salty Dog
1 hour ago, liquido said:

I thought I would post a to[ic about motorbike rentals in Bogo.I went to the site here and it pops up BANNED..This profile has been banned..Im thinking what the hell did I say or do?Im using Firefox and have this add-on called SetupVPN which is a free VPN..I was previously using that to watch a sports clip.Im thinking if I disable it and retry going to LINC just maybe thats the reason it said Bannned..Now mind you I really never logout from LINC..Well as soon as I did the disable I was able to go to the site..I guess that this site detects VPN's and if your a naughty boy they got you....haha

The site doesn't discriminate against VPNs.

However there could be an IP Address that it's blocking because it is on a spam list or the forums ban list because it was used by a member who has been banned.

I've checked and the IP Address you were using is on the ban list.

• Like 1

liquido
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

Were you ever banned?

Never..been a member since 2006

Try logging on to the site with a VPN and see if it says your banned?  But make sure your signed into LINC prior..

• Like 1

Woolf
1 hour ago, liquido said:

Could be that LINC ban on the IP

Did the  BANNED pop up even before you did try any login ?

SetupVPN could have given you an IP, that was previously banned

• Like 1

liquido

I was logged in to LINC before I went to the LINC site..I never really log out..Like I said I disconnected from the setupVPN and was able to get to the LINC site with no problem..

Davaoeno

I have found on many many occasions that when I went to log in I got a sign saying that I was banned.   

I have no idea at all why I am so unlucky that I always get these signs.  I think  maybe it is a forum bias against Canadians ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Edwin

You may know a lot but I'm waiting for Whippy to comment since he's the expert on this subject.

8 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

I have found on many many occasions that when I went to log in I got a sign saying that I was banned.   

I have no idea at all why I am so unlucky that I always get these signs.  I think  maybe it is a forum bias against Canadians ???

• Haha 3

jtmwatchbiz
10 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

oh yea that happened to me for over a year and a half straight.  must have been that same VPN glitch the OP was talking about.   :biggrin_01:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5