Sign in to follow this  
liquido

Motorbike Rental Bogo City

liquido

Might be spending some time in Bogo City and was wondering if there are any motorbike rental places there..I was there a very long time back and there were none at the time...If not does anyone know anyone that would rent one privately? 1 to 5 day rental depending...

Cebuandrew

I'd go to the small Gaisano Mall there. Outside are usually 1-2 Traffic Control Officers, plus the dude that charge p5 to park your car there. I'd be almost sure one of them could hook you up, cuz they'd be getting a 50 piso/day commission from the owner.

• Thanks 1

badian

not the kind of town where it is easy to rent at all. Book2Wheel.com have come on a whole heap since they started up but Bogo is still too small to come up on their website. Some, although not all, renters on Bantayan might not mind, if you give them a big deposit, you putting a motor on the ferry. 

Cebuandrew
50 minutes ago, badian said:

Some, although not all, renters on Bantayan might not mind, if you give them a big deposit, you putting a motor on the ferry. 

No offense, but this is a pretty weird comment. First, the Santa Fe pier does not ask for registration papers, just want the money. So, on one hand, can go to Bantayan and get a bike for p250/day, and simply put it on boat for p1,200. They don't care who the owner is. But OP wants rental for only a few days. Bogo to Hagnaya port is 25 minutes from Bogo. Then wait for boat...90 minutes each way on boat, just to get a motorbike? Plus the p1,200 roro fee each way times 4? Just makes no sense. Just go to Bogo, find a Traffic Enforement Officer, and they would hook OP up.

badian

You'd be very lucky to get one in Bogo. Although i have pulled off rentals in smaller towns than that, I needed luck each time. You can use dating websites and Facebook to just ask around. But you can't rely on it. 

true that on small islands they often don't ask for docs on the island itself - they don't on the Camotes either, but in the other direction, they do - but I would not want to rent a motor in Santa Fe and then try to get it on the ferry back on the mainland. Everyone knows everyone else and their motorbikes in Santa Fe. The chances are high that someone will spot you - 'hey, what are you doing with Ramon's motor on the ferry?' The community is that small. 

Bantayan is the closest place to Bogo where anybody is doing it commercially. Otherwise it would need to be a drive up from Consolacion. You could try sending a private message to someone at Book2wheel.com they might well know of somebody renting out closer, or even in Bogo itself, that they do not promote on their website.

when I took a motor up the west side from Tuburan to Bantayan last November it did not cost as much as 1,200 for motor and driver on the ferry, it was more like 800, but even that is quite expensive for somebody just wanting a motor around Bogo for a few days. 

Cebuandrew
13 minutes ago, badian said:

true that on small islands they often don't ask for docs on the island itself - they don't on the Camotes either, but in the other direction,

In my own experience. Not trying to be an expert, Just in my own experiences.  Been to Camotes a few times. At the San Franscisco pier, they did require to see my registration papers for my multicab to leave the island. That never happen at Hagnaya or Santa Fe. But, it was loaded with my ATV in the back both times, so not sure why. From someone who has taken the ferry from Bantayan to Cebu and back a 100 times, and been to Bogo 30 times...the OP can take advice as he sees it.

badian

the Camotes' San Francisco port is almost never used. In the about 30 times I've gone to the Camotes we only used it one time in bad weather when they decided that they couldn't use Consuelo on the grounds of safety and used San Fran as like a back up instead. You could in fact live on the Camotes for years and not even know that the San Fran port exists, there is no signs for it and it would be invisible unlike Consuelo, Poro and Puerobello, the Camote's three operational ports which you pass by all the time. At the Camotes' main port, Consuelo, from which most ferries leave and is the only one I have ever used with a motor, they have never asked for registration. It is not like that for all islands. Some other islands, like Siquijor and Camiguin, you do have to show registration in both directions on the island itself and the mainland.