Sign in to follow this  
Ozepete

Thats two trips Melbourne to Cebu with Cebu Pacific

Ozepete

The FIRST and the LAST... 

We had a last minute thing in Cebu Dec 29th and couldn't get onto Singers Air so booked onto Cebu Pacific and what a pain the arse!

We check in in Melb and get our boarding passes Mel to Manilla then another set of passes for flight 511 to Cebu at about 5 AM 

Get to Manilla and collect our bags, get to transfer to the 511 domestic flight. The CP clerk checks our boarding pass and advises that we wait where the CP lists their flights / BPs. We sat directly below their flight notice board!!!

No sign of our flight 511 so wifey goes looking and is told that our flight 511 was cancelled. Furious around to the CP office only to have some young charley tell that we should have been more observant. We had to buy fresh tickets to Cebu (about p16k) so I was nice and pissed but CP will the the big loser as our family has purchased 11 round trips during the past year and CP was looking like an option. But not now the can get stuffed. 

Edited by Ozepete
  • Like 3

oztony
27 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

The FIRST and the LAST... 

We had a last minute thing in Cebu Dec 29th and couldn't get onto Singers Air so booked onto Cebu Pacific and what a pain the arse!

We check in in Melb and get our boarding passes Mel to Manilla then another set of passes for flight 511 to Cebu at about 5 AM 

Get to Manilla and collect our bags, get to transfer to the 511 domestic flight. The CP clerk checks our boarding pass and advises that we wait where the CP lists their flights / BPs. We sat directly below their flight notice board!!!

No sign of our flight 511 so wifey goes looking and is told that our flight 511 was cancelled. Furious around to the CP office only to have some young charley tell that we should have been more observant. We had to buy fresh tickets to Cebu (about p16k) so I was nice and pissed but CP will the the big loser as our family has purchased 11 round trips during the past year and CP was looking like an option. But not now the can get stuffed. 

Pete , I have done that trip 30+ times ...through Singapore , KL , Manila even Port Moresby ...a few of years back we finally seen the light after all those years and started flying into Cebu with Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong , have had return tickets for as low as $550 , and the longest wait on the connection at Hong Kong has been an hour , we just would not contemplate any other way anymore and Cathay Pacific are great to fly with .....:twocents:

• Like 6

towboat72

And Cebu Pacific does not even care if you ever fly with them again.

I don't think that there very many businesses that understand the keep the customer happy principal in the Philippines.

• Like 3

bert
29 minutes ago, towboat72 said:

And Cebu Pacific does not even care if you ever fly with them again.

I don't think that there very many businesses that understand the keep the customer happy principal in the Philippines.

yes very true  cebu pathetic take your money and run thank you (sir) hahaha sucker

• Haha 1

bert
1 minute ago, bert said:

yes very true  cebu pathetic take your money and run thank you (sir) hahaha sucker

i recently went to manila for passport renewal from tacloban leyte  cebu pathetic was nearly 1 hour late we used air Asia on return trip arrived tacloban 10 minutes early the plane was old but ok 

• Like 1

SkyMan
14 hours ago, bert said:

i recently went to manila for passport renewal from tacloban leyte  cebu pathetic was nearly 1 hour late we used air Asia on return trip arrived tacloban 10 minutes early the plane was old but ok 

I do have to commend AirAsia for honoring their refund policy for a r/t where the departure flight was delayed 4 hours making the trip and therefore the return useless.  I quite imagine CP or PAL would have said the return was still on time so you have to pay for that, or worse.  It took them about a month but they did refund it fully.

• Like 2

Salty Dog

That happened to my wife twice when she was flying through Manila to Cebu. Both time they put her up in a hotel, gave her food vouchers and a free ticket. They even provided transportation to the hotel and back to the airport the next morning for the new flight.

She wasn't flying international though. It was from Legazpi to Cebu via Manila.

easy44

I flew Cebu Pacific, round trip, Cebu/HK last December. Both flights were on time without any problems. I was pleasantly surprised.

• Like 2