Sign in to follow this  
Voyager39

Connecting Flights on Single Ticket (Interline Codeshare)

Woolf

From the link I provided earlier

I do not know if Cebu is your final flight destination

also I do not know your dates

but this one looks fine to me, and it will be on 1 ticket

seattle cebu.png

SkyMan
1 minute ago, Woolf said:

From the link I provided earlier

I do not know if Cebu is your final flight destination

also I do not know your dates

but this one looks fine to me, and it will be on 1 ticket

seattle cebu.png

I don't think he has a problem with the SEA-CEB part but getting on to Palawan and back without missing a flight or paying huge baggage fees.

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, Mikal said:

1.  So how do they separate incoming passengers and luggage in DVO that originated internationally? 

Deplaning passengers are sent to 2 different arrival areas.  The international luggage usually takes about 20 -30 minutes to arrive but I have never seen more than 10 passengers at a time in the international arrival area. Sometimes you have to wait a few minutes for a Customs person to show up - but on the other hand I have never had a bag opened or any questions asked of me by Customs .   Its as though the Customs people in Davao have been ordered to be nice and not question anyone about their luggage !! hehe.  

Mikal
1 hour ago, Voyager39 said:

To do that, I would fly from Seattle to Vancouver on a separate ticket then? I tried entering SEA as a starting point on the PAL web site, and the site would not accept the entry. I grant that it's a short flight and shouldn't be a problem. But it wouldn't be a comfortable feeling thinking that a delay would jeopardize the trans-pacific journey.

Sent from my SM-J810Y using Tapatalk

Oh, I was thinking more along the lines of a train, a ferry or even a bus.  Maybe even in that order from a 'reliability' perspective?  But it's probably the inverse order as far as the number of daily options.

Mikal
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

Deplaning passengers are sent to 2 different arrival areas.  The international luggage usually takes about 20 -30 minutes to arrive but I have never seen more than 10 passengers at a time in the international arrival area. Sometimes you have to wait a few minutes for a Customs person to show up - but on the other hand I have never had a bag opened or any questions asked of me by Customs .   Its as though the Customs people in Davao have been ordered to be nice and not question anyone about their luggage !! hehe.  

OK, but how do they keep me, a passenger that hasn't yet passed immigration in Phils, from walking out as a domestic passenger?  That's what I would think would be the trickiest to control.  Are they checking everyone's boarding pass as they deplane?

Davaoeno
3 hours ago, Mikal said:

OK, but how do they keep me, a passenger that hasn't yet passed immigration in Phils,

Im not sure how you got to Davao if you didnt clear Immigration.  YOu have to clear immigration in Manila when your international flight lands.

You then clear Customs in Davao when you get your luggage. 

Edited by Davaoeno

Mikal
8 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Im not sure how you got to Davao if you didnt clear Immigration.  YOu have to clear immigration in Manila when your international flight lands.

OK, got it, that makes a lot more sense to me.  I had misread your 1st post somehow.

Dafey
14 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Its as though the Customs people in Davao have been ordered to be nice and not question anyone about their luggage

I've never even been stopped at Customs anywhere in the Philippines. They just wave me through with a welcome smile.

Going the other way...well...

Headshot
9 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Again, though, how do they separate out those who need to go through Customs from those who just traveling domestically (which would be most of the passengers on a Manila to Davao flight)? I only flew into the Philippines a couple of times through Manila years ago (until I got smart), but I had to get our bags, carry them through Customs, and hand them over to a Philippine Airline agent for forwarding. Nowadays, I fly directly into Cebu, so I avoid the Manila hassle completely. It appears that things have changed, but it seems like forwarding the bags directly to Davao from Manila (without first going through Customs) would lead to a lot of confusion.

Edited by Headshot

Davaoeno
7 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Again, though, how do they separate out those who need to go through Customs from those who just traveling domestically

Its kind of a complicated procedure but after many trials and errors they finally came up with a solution.

They put up a sign that says " international arrivals this way "  with an arrow .   A red arrow . 

Headshot
3 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Its kind of a complicated procedure but after many trials and errors they finally came up with a solution.

They put up a sign that says " international arrivals this way "  with an arrow .   A red arrow . 

And this is after you pick up your bags? So it is basically an honor system?

• Sad 1

Woolf

I guess that the big red sign directs you to the international baggage claim area 

the domestic travelers go to the domestic baggage claim area 

??????

• Thanks 2

Headshot

Do international bags come to a separate carousel than domestic bags? That would seem to create quite a complication for the airlines.

Woolf
7 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Do international bags come to a separate carousel than domestic bags? That would seem to create quite a complication for the airlines.

I guess that it is no more complicated than sorting the baggage at any airport, where you have a connecting flight 

when I fly to cebu via hong kong  my baggage needs sorted to go to the flight to cebu

• Like 1