SkyMan

Scooter recommendations.

SkyMan
3 hours ago, Dafey said:

However, as @Enuff says, I feel like the circus bear on the bicycle. 

Hed probably look like that on my Raider. Hahahaha 

3 hours ago, Dafey said:

you're even bigger than me so I suggest you ride Greg's scooter and then his wife to try before you buy. Yamaha makes the Aerox and the NMax about 100K

Did you suggest I ride his wife?  100k is over budget.  (That wasn't referring to his wife.  )

I can't believe I'm writing this but 125cc is probably ok as is the clutchless tm. My wife may need to use it.  She can drive a manual car but I don't need the pain and suffering of translating that to a bike. 

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

SkyMan

Anyone have any experience with the Honda Beat? 

images.jpg.aee13b0df24c04ffc7a377af7129d2b1.jpg

Dafey
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

Anyone have any experience with the Honda Beat? 

My wife has one and she loves it. I like driving it but I'm oversized for it. Scooters are made to be a low center of gravity. If you take a typical westerner who rides tall in the saddle it throws that off and brings the center of gravity a lot higher. Handles twitchy with high center of gravity.

Other than that it's a great bike. very low maintenance.

The bike in the photo is not your typical beat. looks like it's off road ready

• Like 4

RR3

Cheap is best? Honda Wave DX 110cc 47 700 peso. Beat that. Scooter? Yes, step-through. Automatic (semi). Economic. Friend has one. Two years no problem.

Real Honda? Ofcourse. Assembled in Patangas, parts all China. BTW Honda likes Made in China. 

• Like 2

trthebees
47 minutes ago, Dafey said:

My wife has one and she loves it. I like driving it but I'm oversized for it. Scooters are made to be a low center of gravity. If you take a typical westerner who rides tall in the saddle it throws that off and brings the center of gravity a lot higher. Handles twitchy with high center of gravity.

Other than that it's a great bike. very low maintenance.

Agree with you and your wife's liking of the Beat, had ours for a few years. I don't drive it, only my wife. If I occasionally go on the back, the seating position does make me rather upright. Probably typical of scooters or most small bikes except the TMX maybe that there's not enough room to lean forward.

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

Yeah. Probably not typical but the sexiest Beat pic I could find. 

1 hour ago, RR3 said:

Cheap is best? Honda Wave DX 110cc 47 700 peso. Beat that. Scooter? Yes, step-through. Automatic (semi). Economic. Friend has one. Two years no problem.

Real Honda? Ofcourse. Assembled in Patangas, parts all China. BTW Honda likes Made in China. 

I'll look at the Wave too.

I like to assume that if it's Honda then they at least oversee design, production, and QA.

If it were just for me I'd be looking for something more like....raider-r150-fi-blk.png.681f7c6992fabaf4a9fd28550af9389b.png

• Like 1

Dafey
1 hour ago, RR3 said:

Real Honda? Ofcourse. Assembled in Patangas, parts all China.

Are you sure about that? I thought the parts were made in Japan and the bike was assembled in china. Chinese metal is not up to snuff with Japan's. 

Soupeod
On 1/28/2019 at 7:37 AM, Dafey said:

I've been riding motorcycles for over 50 years and always had that view too. But recently riding tall horse has been a little rough on the bones. As long as you're on 2 wheels you can still hold office in the MC club! So stuff that idea!

After riding my wife's Honda Beat a bit for errands and quick trips I started to enjoy the ease of the handling and the twist and go throttle, (no gears). It also has fuel injection, belt drive and decent storage under the seat. 

However, as @Enuff says, I feel like the circus bear on the bicycle. @SkyMan, you're even bigger than me so I suggest you ride Greg's scooter and then his wife to try before you buy. Yamaha makes the Aerox and the NMax about 100K, maybe a bit more. Both good rides and more accommodating for a tall rider. You can find some good deals on OLX.

Personally I've been looking seriously at the Yamaha XMax. 300cc and a big bike. (15 inches up front should even make @RR3 happy as he needs more than 12" to get off) But...price tag is 250K. Better cruiser than around town and filtering traffic.

I saw that bike last week at my Lawyers office, much bigger ane very nice sitting and leg area. 

Hell I might get one. 😊

• Like 1

wondersailor

Bought an nmax 4 months ago and.love it. More then enough power at 155cc and I'm no small guy. And no, you can not ride my wife.

• Haha 2

shadow
5 hours ago, Dafey said:

Are you sure about that? I thought the parts were made in Japan and the bike was assembled in china. Chinese metal is not up to snuff with Japan's. 

Don't fool yourself, China is up to snuff in any type of manufacturing anyone else is willing to pay the price for.

You want cheap, they give you cheap, you want Mercedes quality, they can give it to you. You may not like the price.

• Like 3

RR3
11 hours ago, Dafey said:

Parts from China, said the dealer.

Also I like Honda XR/CRF 150-250. But Made in China. Biggest rent-a-bike owner here tell me lot of problems, even starter. If You cannot start a bike, You cannot ride one :cool_01:

Dafey
1 hour ago, RR3 said:

Parts from China, said the dealer.

Yours may be very knowledgeable and reliable but in my experience most of the babble coming from the peeps I deal with at a dealership is a lot of yes sirs because their not good in English. 

• Like 2

mistaeric
On 1/30/2019 at 12:00 AM, wondersailor said:

Bought an nmax 4 months ago and.love it. More then enough power at 155cc and I'm no small guy. And no, you can not ride my wife.

Im thinking of selling my Kymco Super 8 and buying a Nmax 155. You have owned one for a while now, so what are the Pros and Cons in your opinion?  I hear some westerners cant get a good view with the side mirrors.

sierra01

Im 183cm and have an Nmax, its size suits me very well.  Underseat storage takes full face helmet.  Plenty of power for around Cebu but not as nimble in traffic as a Mio, still reasonable though.  Ive ridden it over to Balamban and really enjoyed myself.  Rear suspension is a bit soggy but that can easily be addressed.  I got fed up with only seeing my arms in the mirrors so I had 2 inches added to each mirror stalk, now i can see whats behind me!  Very economical, very reliable, engine a bit noisy though.  The only time ive had a puncture proved to be a real pain, every shop i asked about repair said no, far too much work getting the rear wheel off and back on.  Ended up taking it to the dealer to get the wheel off then taking the wheel to a tire repair place, then back to the dealer to put it back on.  Luckily it was a slow puncture.  I've invested in a can of puncture repair stuff now.  Front and rear disks with ABS and LED lights are really good.  Overall I'm very happy with the bike. 

I would imagine the Xmax would be a lot of work around town, due to its size but better on long runs.

• Like 1