Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

Scooter recommendations.

SkyMan

Considering a scooter for local errands.  Consider cost but no chinese.  Probably underbones.  Good bike for the money.

• Like 1

Woolf

The yamaha mio is very popular here 

I have a yamaha mio soul 125i

I am very happy with it

http://motortrade.com.ph/motorcycles/yamaha-mio-soul-i-125/

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 2

RR3

scooters with 12" wheels are for kids, not for adult western males :cool:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Dafey
57 minutes ago, RR3 said:

scooters with 12" wheels are for kids, not for adult western males :cool:

I've been riding motorcycles for over 50 years and always had that view too. But recently riding tall horse has been a little rough on the bones. As long as you're on 2 wheels you can still hold office in the MC club! So stuff that idea!

After riding my wife's Honda Beat a bit for errands and quick trips I started to enjoy the ease of the handling and the twist and go throttle, (no gears). It also has fuel injection, belt drive and decent storage under the seat. 

However, as @Enuff says, I feel like the circus bear on the bicycle. @SkyMan, you're even bigger than me so I suggest you ride Greg's scooter and then his wife to try before you buy. Yamaha makes the Aerox and the NMax about 100K, maybe a bit more. Both good rides and more accommodating for a tall rider. You can find some good deals on OLX.

Personally I've been looking seriously at the Yamaha XMax. 300cc and a big bike. (15 inches up front should even make @RR3 happy as he needs more than 12" to get off) But...price tag is 250K. Better cruiser than around town and filtering traffic.

• Like 4

GBT62

I liked the look of these when I was looking at options a few months back. Pricing seems ok at 146K PHP - but only the 125i available here by the look - no 150i model.

The reviews of the concept are all very positive - just not sure getting parts/service/repair would be so great somewhere away from the big smoke (my plan).

image.png

Edited by GBT62
  • Like 2

oztony

One I have in the stable on Negros is a Suzuki Hayate 125 scooter , quite large compared to some and very comfortable , I use that as my daily ride when in country ...the mio just stays parked , the suzi feels about about twice the size when you sit on it and is way more comfortable .....

• Like 3

Dafey

That Yamaha Trinity is actually a very good bike for Cebu.

The 300 version looks like the same frame as the XMax and might be a bit fat for filtering although it is a neat bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadow

Earlier this month while on Bohol we rented an almost new Mia 125i for a day. Less than 4000 Km, temp plate still on it.  Being used to having an 1100 CC V-twin between my legs, and having never ridden an "automatic", I hated it. It was a rattle trap, everything rattled. The safety switches were intermittent so sometimes had to kickstart it. The fuel gauge did not work properly (causing us to run out of gas). It was reminiscent of my wife's 8 year old very worn out and abused 115 cc Yamaha Vega.

The very next day on Camiguin we rented an old Honda Scoopy with 56,000 on the odometer. It had been a rental bike it's entire life. I fully expected to hate it as well, but we actually enjoyed the Scoopy. We kept it 5 days, and went around the island several times. Even the broken plastic did not rattle, it was fun to ride, and it was still a solid machine.

YMMV

Edited by shadow
  • Like 5

Woolf

Below is a picture of my preferred bike for Cebu City

it is small, no good for 2 persons

Very very good for filtering in the Cebu City traffic

I bought it for 15000 (repossessed ), spend about 3000 for repairs 

Wider tire at the back

Changed gearing up by about 18%, for less noise and vibration

it will still start in second

I really bought it to take my granddaughter to school

but the suspension bottoms  with me her and heavy school bag  on it

So that is why I also bought my yamaha mio 125i

My rusi  mojo.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

RR3
48 minutes ago, oztony said:

One I have in the stable on Negros is a Suzuki Hayate 125 scooter , quite large compared to some and very comfortable , I use that as my daily ride when in country ...the mio just stays parked , the suzi feels about about twice the size when you sit on it and is way more comfortable .....

Hayate has 16" wheels. Bought one for wifey, ride sometimes, feels good even w heavy load (2 adult, 2 kids + stuff).

As I grow older, I want faster bikes, gears are fun, not a nuisance.

Most funny is full-frame adult on Scoopy - serious bakla warning :showing-ass:

• Like 1

savarity

I liked the look of these when I was looking at options a few months back. Pricing seems ok at 146K PHP - but only the 125i available here by the look - no 150i model.
The reviews of the concept are all very positive - just not sure getting parts/service/repair would be so great somewhere away from the big smoke

Know someone who has one of those and he likes it very much
  • Like 1

Woolf
25 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Below is a picture of my preferred bike for Cebu City

It is a Rusi mojo 110 cc,  

There is now a 200 cc model, same look

Davaoeno
2 hours ago, Dafey said:

I suggest you ride Greg's scooter and then his wife

?????

• Like 1