Dating Etiquette/Advice?

TequilaSunset

^^Beautiful 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

jtmwatchbiz
16 minutes ago, TequilaSunset said:

^^Beautiful 

thanks for cheering her up with a compliment as sometimes when she compares herself with the level of my looks she needs to soothe herself so she doesn't think too much more about it.  :biggrin_01:

janicenice.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

whatsfun
19 hours ago, James Bond said:

So, what's appropriate in the Philippines, e.g. would a hug be an inappropriately forward first-meeting greeting?

I'm planning on meeting girls at restaurants, coffee houses, or similar.

Hugs are great... possible harbinger of things to come. Just keep track of your wallet (literally and figuratively)  until your big head takes over.

oztony
11 hours ago, Jim Sibbick said:

If you want to find the right one, I don't think online is the way to do it.

8 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

He's mentioned he got divorced, many times...:)

Well I met my wife online and have been happily married for 15 years , together 16 years..no divorce or extended separations as in Jim's experiences , so no doubt there are varying degrees of success depending on the methods ...but I think more to the point it comes down to the people involved more so than the method....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

jtmwatchbiz
15 minutes ago, oztony said:

but I think more to the point it comes down to the people involved more so than the method....

oh absolutely.  the  method in how or where one meets another is neither here nor there as there are limitless ways and everyone will eventually succeed if they put their best foot forward and make some effort. 

• Like 4

Edwin

If you have half a brain and aren't trying to pick the low lying fruit off the tree a dating site is a great tool. You can select age range, education level and someone with or without good writing skills, conservative or not, with or without children, etc. If you develop an online friendship that you believe might be worth exploring further there is nothing wrong with a hug upon meeting. After all you have developed enough of a friendship that you are traveling thousands of miles to see her. You should know enough from your online and FaceTime conversations how comfortable she will be and how she expects to be greeted. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Headshot

We had a poll here on LinC Forums some years ago on the subject of how members met their spouse. If I remember correctly, about 90% of those who answered the poll met their spouse online, and most of those were still in happy marriages. If a guy is in the Philippines, then meeting in person (as opposed to online) is a viable method for meeting the right person, but if done properly, a lot of information can be had online. I think one of the most important things is to get off dating sites as quickly as possible and into on-camera chats for real face-to-face conversations. That will allow you to see beyond any false facade (or lies) the other person is offering fairly quickly. Of course, real live person-to-person meetings (and spending as much time together as possible) are essential before you allow the relationship to get too committed. How you meet isn't nearly as important as how you proceed after you meet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

TequilaSunset
  • Can we post scammers on here? There's one that keeps showing up in my friend suggestions on FB, has SO MANY Profiles, different names, locations, chick is busy!!

jtmwatchbiz
47 minutes ago, TequilaSunset said:
  • Can we post scammers on here? There's one that keeps showing up in my friend suggestions on FB, has SO MANY Profiles, different names, locations, chick is busy!!

i don't think that would go over very well since this forum isn't focused on that sort of stuff. 

• Like 2

HeyMike

I met my wife online, married for 14 years now. Every second has been marital bliss (okay, maybe a little exaggeration).

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

RangerUp
On 1/26/2019 at 1:29 PM, James Bond said:

"DON’T be intimate with a woman, unless she is engaged or married to you. The conservative Filipina has reservations about intimacy, touching and the like."

forgot the key point: "in public"

• Like 2

Soupeod
7 hours ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

anyways to get back on topic...i think you will be just fine.  don't over-think this and just enjoy meeting new people.  gals aren't much different here than anywhere else.  be respectful even if you aren't interested in them and just take your time.  it's easier to meet a nice gal and potential wife as long as you have the right outlook and don't develop the "us vs. them" viewpoint.  just find someone with similar values and you're all set :)

As stated, “Respect” is a very important. Show her respect first and foremost. 

I wouldn’t meet the parents right off at their house.  Because a lot if Filipinos take that as a serious courtship action.. i.e. I want to marry your daughter.

You could meet the parents on neutral gound if she wishes.. at dinner..etc.

the rest as stated - see how you get along.

my two cents.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dafey
6 hours ago, oztony said:

Well I met my wife online

I met my wife 'in person' now she keeps me online/leash!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

mikewright
11 hours ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

there's hope for everyone.  when i first met my wife she was a competitor in buying watches around town and she hated me.  of course after a few years she fell for my hollywood looks and sparkling personality. 

here''s my wife when i met her 17 years ago and now present day after 14 years of marriage.   as y'all can see in the latest picture she is much more serious now as she knows since she was born with average looks she needs to dazzle me with her gourmet cooking*

*i'm sooo dead :biggrin_01:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaajanice2002.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaajanicenow.jpg

Forget the looks, we all know she can cook a decent pizza!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1