Sign in to follow this  
onemoretry

Philippines vs Thailand

onemoretry

Myself I always got the same question from friends know that I travel a lot and its hard to answer because its depend on who you are and what you like...

Anyway look this video comparing Thailand vs Philippine its good....  and no grumpy now please haha... but love hear comments and also other comparing ..countries or stuff in this

Enjoy

• Like 6

Jester

Which one do you like the best and not want to spoil?   Recommend the other one!

• Haha 1

Dafey

They both have their finer points. Like so many others here I'm married to a Filipino and this is my new home. That being said, we just took a trip to the land of smiles a few months ago and asawa loved it so looking forward to going back for another vacation.

• Like 1

liquido

He forgot the most important category,,,,GIRLS,,,,In my rookie years here I was always told to find your girl in the Philippines and live in Thailand...

• Like 2

throttleplate

wife and i spent 14 days in bangkok. Did all the tourist sites, such as bridge river kwai, rode elephants, played with elephant, cruised the canals on banana boats, hung out at Kaeson street, saw the grand palace and ate great thai food  and some real crappy thai food, seen the red lite district and all the ladyboys i will ever see in one place.

Rode the train, the subway, the boats and city buses, got approached by white european scammer whom wanted to sell me fake credit card and atm cards, another wanted to sell me fake ids, drivers licenses which he displayed to me with pics on them.

The traffic is crushing, barter for taxi fare, tuk tuk rides, barter or get ripped off big time as always scamming the tourist.

The thai woman pay no attention to me, in ph they stare, smile and giggle where thai girls could care less, i am not a rock star in thailand just another person doing his thing. Some thai woman are beautiful some are fat and homely. I think ph woman are beautiful as are thai woman but they really look the same as in the features so hard to tell them apart.

Thais rarely speak english, very hard to communicate if lost, ordering food where there are no pics and number of the food item on display. Shopping in a mall the sales people dont approach you and if you ask them about a product again they speak thai and you get really no response. They seem impatient dealing with foriegners and communication is a big part.

Did i enjoy the trip? yes. Will i ever go back? no. The older parts of town look just like the ph, old and dirty with wires hanging all over the place. The new parts of developement look like the ph with condos and malls going up. Hong kong is still my favorite place to visit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

savarity

For me the major positive for the Philippines is that long stays are much easier here. Coming in from certain nations that is.

A person with a US passport can just fly into the Philippines and stay for a year or more (by only paying for extentions). However, if the same person just flies into Thailand they can only stay for a couple of months I believe (one extention). Anything more would require securing a visa beforehand. Even then, I believe, they have to leave and re-enter at some point. Anyway, much more cumbersome and expensive.

• Like 1

fred42

Illegal to vape in Thailand so not going there anymore!

throttleplate

they sell vape kits and juice everywhere on the streets in thailand, i suppose you have to enjoy vaping in your home.

Billy Johnson
On 1/24/2019 at 10:03 AM, throttleplate said:

wife and i spent 14 days in bangkok. Did all the tourist sites, such as bridge river kwai, rode elephants, played with elephant, cruised the canals on banana boats, hung out at Kaeson street, saw the grand palace and ate great thai food  and some real crappy thai food, seen the red lite district and all the ladyboys i will ever see in one place.

Rode the train, the subway, the boats and city buses, got approached by white european scammer whom wanted to sell me fake credit card and atm cards, another wanted to sell me fake ids, drivers licenses which he displayed to me with pics on them.

The traffic is crushing, barter for taxi fare, tuk tuk rides, barter or get ripped off big time as always scamming the tourist.

The thai woman pay no attention to me, in ph they stare, smile and giggle where thai girls could care less, i am not a rock star in thailand just another person doing his thing. Some thai woman are beautiful some are fat and homely. I think ph woman are beautiful as are thai woman but they really look the same as in the features so hard to tell them apart.

Thais rarely speak english, very hard to communicate if lost, ordering food where there are no pics and number of the food item on display. Shopping in a mall the sales people dont approach you and if you ask them about a product again they speak thai and you get really no response. They seem impatient dealing with foriegners and communication is a big part.

Did i enjoy the trip? yes. Will i ever go back? no. The older parts of town look just like the ph, old and dirty with wires hanging all over the place. The new parts of developement look like the ph with condos and malls going up. Hong kong is still my favorite place to visit.

Your missing a few things, in Thailand they have nice roads, in the provinces they have good food, nice restaurants, there is no comparison to food Thai food is the best. The women in the philippines are the best that’s the only thing the philippines has going for them, well easy visa and some nice beaches.

• Like 1

liquido
2 hours ago, Billy Johnson said:

Your missing a few things, in Thailand they have nice roads, in the provinces they have good food, nice restaurants, there is no comparison to food Thai food is the best. The women in the philippines are the best that’s the only thing the philippines has going for them, well easy visa and some nice beaches.

Your right..widely spoken english here is another plus..The question then is what the hell are people that think like us doing here..The obvious

smokey

English is overrated everyone understands 

Barryrio

I'm afraid they don't Smokey! I lived in the backwoods of Thailand for 6 years and if you didn't speak some Thai there you were screwed coz only a handful of people had any inkling of English. Only spoken to any degree (and then difficult to understand) in the major tourist centers!

But I've been here in the Phils running 15 years now so that shows what my choice is!!!

• Like 1

smokey
6 hours ago, Barryrio said:

I'm afraid they don't Smokey! I lived in the backwoods of Thailand for 6 years and if you didn't speak some Thai there you were screwed coz only a handful of people had any inkling of English. Only spoken to any degree (and then difficult to understand) in the major tourist centers!

But I've been here in the Phils running 15 years now so that shows what my choice is!!!

Well i dont do backwoods and most nightlife girls.speak enough for a guy to retire

• Haha 1

onemoretry
On 2/13/2019 at 11:25 PM, Billy Johnson said:

You missing a big thing even if the roads look good.... its the worst country in the civilized world when it comes to traffic...always in the top 10 list ! fighting only with african countries on the first place when it comes to death..

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1376875/thailand-tops-road-death-ranking-list

smokey

Oh what men wont do for a pair of torpedoes