SkyMan

S&R work bench/cabinet?

SkyMan

Has anyone bought one of those and what are your thoughts on it? The one with the ball bearing drawers and the thick butcher block top about 8' long.  It looks to be well built from mostly stainless steel. I would really like one but the p35k is a bit steep. If I did I would store the nice top for use later as a kitchen island counter since my wife would rather have counter than grill in the middle.  Then I would get a sheet of 1/4" plate for the bench for welding and to bolt down my vice.  I could build something fairly nice myself but I hate making drawers and I don't have time for that. The appeal of ready made is a factor.   Anyone have any reviews or thoughts on this?

wondersailor

I've seen it and it looks well made. I have no other first hand knowledge about it.I do have a couple of peices of kitchen furniture from S&R and am quite happy with them.