Sign in to follow this  
RangerUp

Ateneo Junior HS principal more concerned about viral videos spread than sanctioning student bully

SkyMan

I wonder if these bigger kids (I saw a video that was pre fight and the victim in that was bigger, don't know about the others) had previously bullied him. And now with some martial arts training he was going back through his hit list.  Regardless,  this was a premeditated ambush. The right thing to do was to let it go unless there is further bullying or at most, put them on notice that their next bullying attempt will not go well for them. 

Additionally, the guy taking the video was obviously complicit and probably encouraging the action and I imagine there were others involved.  I would quite likely show them the door as well. It would be a great lesson for rest of the students.  The US military academies follow that. If you know another is breaking the rules you get the same punishment. Or if someone gets killed during a bank robbery, the driver goes down for murder too.

I saw an article that one of the families of one of the victims has filed a case. 

Headshot

The boys he beat up were not bullies. They were the big quiet boys in the school. We've all known the type. Taekwondo boy is the bully who seeks out the big quiet boys to make an example of them.

SkyMan
9 minutes ago, Headshot said:

The boys he beat up were not bullies. They were the big quiet boys in the school. We've all known the type. Taekwondo boy is the bully who seeks out the big quiet boys to make an example of them.

I mentioned that only as a possible excuse though not a good enough excuse.  I didn't know much more about it.

Headshot

I understand. No worries. I was just setting the record straight.

oztony

Wont be long , if he keeps that behaviour going , until another person just plugs a couple of bullets into him , for such a little smartass he doesn't truly respect or understand his own culture...no great loss when it does happen going by his behaviour in the videos ....what a little prick....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1