Charles Richmond RIP

Alan S

I have just read elsewhere that Charles died of a heart attack on May 7th.

Although he hasnt been here for some time, I am sure many will remember him.

tom_shor
I have just read elsewhere that Charles died of a heart attack on May 7th.

Although he hasnt been here for some time, I am sure many will remember him.

What Name was he using on the site?

Paul
What Name was he using on the site?

CMR

tom_shor

Not sure if I remember any of his posts but I am sorry to hear about what happened.

Paul

He and Carlos used to lock horns here.

Jim Sibbick

This is copied from another group

For those of you who never actually met Charles in the flesh when

he was alive:

http://fpmurphy.blogspot.com.

Look for the May 7th entry.

BTW, I am flying over to Cebu to help his wife tidy up his afairs. Will be there 11th am to 17th pm. I was thinking of organizing an Irish wake

on Thursday evening to celebrate his life. Any interest?

- Finnbarr

I will pass on your details if you are interested in the wake!

Regards; Jim

Bob Ward
He and Carlos used to lock horns here.

And about 1/2 the other members as well.

Paul

Well, I'm not going to lie. Charles always felt the need to keep bringing up certain parts of my past, regarding my ex-wife. But, he never took the time to meet and get to know me. We all have skeletons in our closets. I'm sure Charles did to. He didn't know how to let some things go He felt it was okay to continue judging someone for a mistake they may in their past . He didn't care for me, nor I him.

So, as far as I am concerned, he just went the way of Jim Langlands.

I do hope his wife and family will be okay, and I extend my condolences to them.

That's all I have to say about it.

Ginamos

My condolences to his family. I always thought Charles was an intelligent/interesting poster in the brief time he was an active member on LinC.

He was one of many that took the moral high ground against Paul at that time. If he never met Paul and was just going by the internet hearsay, I can see where Paul's comments are coming from. But hey, it's all water under the bridge now.

RIP Charles

I met Charles once and his wife too. I feel sorry for him and the ones who love him but I agree with Paul, he was hard egg and couldn't let go.

To be honest, I feel somewhat sad about his death. I would have very much preferred if Carlos would have hit the asphalt.

Edited by scianna54
tom_shor
I met Charles once and his wife too. I feel sorry for him and the ones who love him but I agree with Paul, he was hard egg and couldn't let go.

To be honest, I feel somewhat sad about his death. I would have very much preferred if Carlos would have hit the asphalt.

Ouch. Now I know why I am paranoid. :P When I go I want to be cremated and sprinkled in Pauls JD when he isn't looking. :crack-up::P

Edited by tom_shor
  • 2 weeks later...

Paul just informed of Charles's death last week... anyone has Ashley's phone number, I lost my cell phone a couple months ago and my wife cannot find her number.

-Nick

He didn't know how to let some things go He felt it was okay to continue judging someone for a mistake they may in their past .

So you are calling that episode a mistake in your past? I guess that means you obviously learned something from it and it's probably something we could all learn from. Mind posting a thread about it?

For the record, you do know me and I did meet you and JJ. It's sad what happened, but those things happen. I think it's pointless to judge you based on those events and while you might have done some really rotten things, you are a human being and human beings are imperfect and make mistakes. The greatest realization that someone can have in their life is that other people are just like them and do make mistakes. This cuts against the grain in the way we always look out for the best in people and expect them to be the best. In other words, don't hold people to higher standards than you are willing to live to.

Enough on this topic.....

Paul
+63 9158110361

+63 32 417 6120

Theses are the to numbers I found, Nick.

So you are calling that episode a mistake in your past? I guess that means you obviously learned something from it and it's probably something we could all learn from. Mind posting a thread about it?

You know, I may just do that, but I will start another thread on it. Let me think about it for a bit.