Sign in to follow this  
lamoe

Reducing Mosquito Bite Itching

lamoe

I've found that taking a very hot shower reduces the itching right away and reduces inflammation.

1 or 2 are enough to eliminate the itching

No  shower? Heat water and apply with cloth

Headshot

Better to just use repellent so you don't get bit in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

profits101

Get a small tube of hydrocortisone at Watson's (behind the counter, no prescription necessary) - rub a very small amount at the area of the bite.  Give it 5 - 10 minutes to be working, the itch will go away. It works very well for me.

• Like 2

lamoe
25 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Better to just use repellent so you don't get bit in the first place.

I do - spray and lotion  - wore shirt all the time - sides still got bit

Would have to swim in the stuff to be really safe here

Get them on my ankles through pants and socks :sad_01:

4 minutes ago, profits101 said:

Get a small tube of hydrocortisone at Watson's (behind the counter, no prescription necessary) - rub a very small amount at the area of the bite.  Give it 5 - 10 minutes to be working, the itch will go away. It works very well for me.

The approx 40 bites take up a lot of area

hyaku

They sell floucinanide all over the place. But I dont get too many here as I have three aquariums and fish pool outside. The fish are even jumping for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Goetz1965

1) OFF Cream to prevent bites
2) Hydrocortisone creme after a bite - lasts usually for 24h 

3) As you say you have 40+ bites - then buy AERIUS pills - its a antihistamin and reduces itchines at all. https://www.medbroadcast.com/drug/getdrug/aerius

• Like 1

M.C.A.

Isopropyl alcohol helps.

• Like 3

HTM

They selling Calamjne/ Zinc Oxide lotion for  insect bites in Watson. it relief the itching fast, I use it on kids. Men dont need it, they men. hehe

• Like 1

Soupeod
45 minutes ago, HTM said:

They selling Calamjne/ Zinc Oxide lotion for  insect bites in Watson. it relief the itching fast, I use it on kids. Men dont need it, they men. hehe

Yes I use Calamine and the alcohol as well.

mosq, flying ants other insect bites.

• Like 2

lamoe
7 hours ago, HTM said:

Having a hot compress and  Calimine applied on areas I can't reach is almost worth getting bitten. :dance2:

Headshot
5 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Having a hot compress and  Calimine applied on areas I can't reach is almost worth getting bitten. :dance2:

Hold that thought and remember it after you catch Dengue Fever. Let's see how you feel about bites then.

lamoe

I don't go to Inaganga unless absolutely necessary.

Bought her an E-trike for Christmas - delivered in back of multicab - stayed 1 night - still got the sh!t bitten out of me.

Been raining a lot there

The bites were during the day before 4 pm boat  - bought net for sleeping -  applied lotion AND spray

the.lone.gunman

Polysporin for Kids works well for itching and pain. It contains an analgesic. Also good for minor cuts and burns.

oztony

Omega lotion ...available everywhere and is actually made in Cebu. 

hyaku

My partner and I do heavy duty gardening and live in the jungle. She does not cover up and gets some nasty welts and bites. We find calamine/zinc oxide to be one of the best creams. But not for mosquito bites. That's something different and needs hydrocortizone. If it was that bad I would use deet. The OFF cream shook up with water and put in a spray is more than strong enough to keep them off if you insist on sitting outside at the wrong time. Does not bother me too much. This country is mild in comparison with Japan.