Sign in to follow this  
datkins587

40 meter beach setback to build

cogon88
42 minutes ago, fred42 said:

No it does not apply throughout the country..Only specific areas.
20 meters where we are...Boracay 30 meters.

It applies through out the country read the DENR guidelines  also applies to rivers and lakes as well / 

Gus

I took these photos on Malapascua Island in 2008 ( except for the photo I'm in myself ) ..though that wall is still standing at that time , it was gutted inside , and I'm sure soon to be demolished .282c74a1e5a8bddbd7a87489889d22a0.jpg0885dcb299bb1355a71f44b972f7dc52.jpg0c6d883cadc8c4a038dd3b941da5bcf4.jpg4f766b0100a7961e158d94e7544c6ad2.jpg

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

JamesMusslewhite

buy a small private island....

fred42
7 hours ago, cogon88 said:

It applies through out the country read the DENR guidelines  also applies to rivers and lakes as well / 

I know the DENR regs...Unfortunately we have to attend their meetings every other month!!

At least six tourism establishments, who were told earlier by DENR Secretary Roy Cimatu, were willing to demolish voluntarily their structures that were found encroaching into the prohibited area, according to Panglao Mayor Pedro Fuertes.

However, some establishments have filed in court petition for injunction, which would prevent the enforcement of law prohibiting structures to encroach into the 20-meter coastal public access, according to Municipal Administrator Weng Lagura.

Lagura said that it should be the DENR who is in-charge of the implementation, and if only the municipal government has its way, then the demolition could have been carried out already.

Provincial Legal Officer Boloy Boiser confirmed to The Freeman that some resort firms have filed legal cases to stop the implementation of the law. But these were filed during the term of then mayor Benedicto Alcala. Some of the petitions are still pending in court, but others were already able to secure a court injunction, he said.

Boiser said that, due to the injunction, the municipal government cannot enforce the plan for demolition of structures encroaching into the prohibited 20-m coastal area.

Earlier, Cimatu with his regional bureau directors and other workers personally inspected the Panglao coastline, and he initially found at least 87 out of the more than 300 tourism establishments to have violated the easement law.

Cimatu warned resort operators that if no action on their part is seen after three to six months to voluntarily start the demolition of their illegal structures, then the DENR would take action accordingly. It is not only Panglao that is being inspected, but also other tourist destinations in the province, including the emerging Anda peninsula, about 100 kilometers east of Tagbilaran City, Cimatu earlier said.

Meanwhile, Panglao officials, led by Mayor Pedro Fuertes, issued an order halting a construction of a beach resort at Barangay Doljo for violation of the 20-m easement area, and fencing the coastal area without a permit.

In his Notice of Specific Performance dated April 18, 2018 — signed by Fuertes — Engineer Rogelio Bonao ordered the contractor Monocrete Construction Philippines Inc., thru project manager Christopher Guerzon, to dismantle the fences it constructed along the area.

“Your firm is constructing a fence without permit in the beachfront-easement. Obviously, you are causing inconvenience to the public by blocking their passage. Such violation will cause undue effect to social acceptability of your project,” Bonao reportedly told Guerzon.

Read more at https://www.philstar.com/the-freeman/region/2018/06/17/1825253/20-m-coastal-access-law-enforcement-panglao-hits-snag#pBKSo3h5TQcJATUG.99

datkins587

well looking at a few government web sites and according to man trying to sell land. Its 20 meter setback on agriculture land. Web sites state 3 meter urban, 20 meter ag and 40 meter mountain. That wouldnt be too bad at 20 meter but not sure if info is up to date and accurate.

• Like 2

SkyMan
6 hours ago, datkins587 said:

well looking at a few government web sites and according to man trying to sell land. Its 20 meter setback on agriculture land. Web sites state 3 meter urban, 20 meter ag and 40 meter mountain. That wouldnt be too bad at 20 meter but not sure if info is up to date and accurate.

I seem to recall the number being 45 meters for the bantatayan properties. They supposedly had DENR permits (some of them anyway).  The shoreline had shifted though. 

Jim Sibbick
On 1/18/2019 at 1:08 PM, Gus said:

I took these photos on Malapascua Island in 2008 ( except for the photo I'm in myself ) ..though that wall is still standing at that time , it was gutted inside , and I'm sure soon to be demolished .282c74a1e5a8bddbd7a87489889d22a0.jpg0885dcb299bb1355a71f44b972f7dc52.jpg0c6d883cadc8c4a038dd3b941da5bcf4.jpg4f766b0100a7961e158d94e7544c6ad2.jpg

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

Yes Malapascua went through the pain of removing everything that was within 40 metres of the sea at high tide.  And yes it was years before yolanda

• Like 1

musicman666

I noticed down in Oslob that they are thinking of changing the resort shoreline from agricultural to urban to bring that easement down to 3m ...