Sign in to follow this  
davjam

Live-In Yaya

davjam

Hi 

My sister-in-law who is now single is looking for a live in nanny. She has 3 children ages 4, 6 & 10. I am curious if nannies get paid depending on the number of kids to look after?

Thanks in advance

Headshot

Are there any other younger (or single older) sisters? My SIL is our live-in yaya/maid, and it has worked out very well. It is nice that she actually loves our daughter, and so is less likely to see her duties as chores. We are trying right now to add a second maid (who is a first cousin to my wife and SIL, but I'm not sure how that will work out. She's a very hard worker, but she is away right now visiting with her BF on another island, so I'm not sure if she will return.

Headshot

As far as how much yayas are paid, that is all over the board, but generally isn't according to how many children there are. There are a lot of factors, but generally it is just according to how much the employer wants to pay (keeping in mind that there are minimums mandated by where in the country you live).

Edited by Headshot

Davaoeno
7 hours ago, davjam said:

Hi 

My sister-in-law who is now single is looking for a live in nanny. She has 3 children ages 4, 6 & 10. I am curious if nannies get paid depending on the number of kids to look after?

Thanks in advance

NO

Davaoeno
9 hours ago, davjam said:

Hi 

Thanks in advance

35 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

Depends!

if you're a cheapass the answer is

If you pay people more if they do more work, the answer is YES

Since you chose to inform the OP what the current situation is regarding  the pay of yayas based on the number of children ( supposedly based on your own experience with yayas) please provide further information regarding the pay based on numbers . We eagerly await your well informed knowledge! ! !

Edited by Davaoeno

SkyMan
11 hours ago, davjam said:

She has 3 children ages 4, 6 & 10. I am curious if nannies get paid depending on the number of kids to look after?

The 10yo is old enough to help out quite a bit and the 6yo probably doesn't need much looking after either so I would say no.

Chris24

I think it's very good (and advisable) to have a relative in that role.  That way they are part of the family, contributing their part, so the yaya role is secondary and the family ties are primary.  As long as they are doing their share and not freeloading. 

• Like 2

smokey

I say no family or they become in our case.lazy and i tell the worker to do a job she first wants to ask the wife we have 2 helpers to watch the house feed the dogs 5 each phil health sss.  Reason 4 two is back up and keep each other company

• Like 1

samatm
45 minutes ago, smokey said:

I say no family or they become in our case.lazy and i tell the worker to do a job she first wants to ask the wife we have 2 helpers to watch the house feed the dogs 5 each phil health sss.  Reason 4 two is back up and keep each other company

What is your connection to them?  How did you find them?    Do you worry about theft or security?   Im guessing no.   So how do you get around that ?   

smokey

One of our helpers from negros her family works barangy she has found helpers for others in subdivision she worked for a my doctor before we used to go agency they are worthless charge 3000 plus send anyone many quit and go home no refund my main helper is.here now she has others in negros looking for work pm me and i will put you in touch to see if its a good fit

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JohnSurrey
22 hours ago, smokey said:

hmmm... I remember (a long time ago now) when we employed the sister... I'm sure it works ok for some but it was a nightmare for me.

• Like 2

smokey

Anyone need a helper let me know our helper said in her provience she knows of 4 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

baby43

The more i hear how Filipino woman married to a foreigner living in the Phils , you only have 3 kids how the woman get cant look after 3 kids, here in Australia if they got 3 kids they look after their own kids, your women been become very lazy they must sit on their ass and watch tv all day do nothing, they get the cooking done cleaning etc, kids looked after wake men, I might banned thats the way i feel. and lets be honest i would not trust other in my house family or friends as some have said things get stolen.

If these Filipino women were living you home countries men they would not have helpers, i think some of you men are to week give into your lazy women,

• Like 1

Salty Dog
33 minutes ago, baby43 said:

The more i hear how Filipino woman married to a foreigner living in the Phils , you only have 3 kids how the woman get cant look after 3 kids, here in Australia if they got 3 kids they look after their own kids, your women been become very lazy they must sit on their ass and watch tv all day do nothing, they get the cooking done cleaning etc, kids looked after wake men, I might banned thats the way i feel. and lets be honest i would not trust other in my house family or friends as some have said things get stolen.

If these Filipino women were living you home countries men they would not have helpers, i think some of you men are to week give into your lazy women,

Did you read the orginal post (OP)?  It's a single mother with 3 children. How is she supposed to work and look after her children at the same time? 

• Like 2