Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Natasha

Hiring Boat & Crew to Tow Load from Subic Bay to Hingutanan

Recommended Posts

Natasha

Hello All, 

I'm hoping you could give me some advice on a logistical challenge I am facing trying to freight some goods. The goods need to travel from the manufacturing point in Quezon City to Hingutanan, stopping off for assemblage in Danao.

The cargo is large, but floatable, and we are looking to hire a boat and crew to tow it from either Subic Bay, to Danao, to Hingutanan; or freight it in 2 x 40ft containers from Subic Bay to Cebu, transport to Danao and then hire the boat and crew to tow it to Hingutanan.

I would love some advice on:

1. Where I could hire a boat and crew to tow the material for the journey the whole distance from Subic Bay, to Danao, to Hingutanan.

OR  

2. Which sea freight company who would be the most reliable and cost effective to transport the 40ft containers from Subic Bay to Cebu (or Danao if possible - otherwise we must freight overland, back to Danao, for assembly), and
3. Where to hire the boat and crew to tow the floating material from Danao to Hingutanan.

We are on a tight budget, and hoping to spend a maximum of $3000USD to achieve this goal. The time frame looks to be maximum 14 days from start to finish.  Any assistance, advice or warnings would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Natasha

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cogon88

Well good luck on the $3000

I just had a 4o foot container delivery from Cebu to Roxas City Panay cost was 90,000 Piso about the same as rate as from Manila to Iloilo on TO GO 

Would suggest you look unto renting a couple 32 foot 10 wheeler dropside trucks to haul the freight instead of loading in a container may be cheaper

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oztony
18 minutes ago, cogon88 said:

Well good luck on the $3000

Would suggest you look unto renting a couple 32 foot 10 wheeler dropside trucks to haul the freight instead of loading in a container may be cheaper

Was thinking the same ....and then it is just an  ocean tow to the final destination from Danao...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natasha

 

57 minutes ago, cogon88 said:

Well good luck on the $3000

I just had a 4o foot container delivery from Cebu to Roxas City Panay cost was 90,000 Piso about the same as rate as from Manila to Iloilo on TO GO 

Would suggest you look unto renting a couple 32 foot 10 wheeler dropside trucks to haul the freight instead of loading in a container may be cheaper

 

35 minutes ago, oztony said:

Was thinking the same ....and then it is just an  ocean tow to the final destination from Danao...

Yes, I did wonder about that - is it straightforward enough to go overland from Manila / Subic Bay to Danao? It looks like there are just two ferries? I assume it must be usual for these ferries to take large trucks...?

I've heard 2GO is reliable but expensive as well - what was your experience dealing with them cogon88? Why did you choose 2GO? 

That being said, I'd still need to hire a boat and crew to tow the material from Danao to Hingutanan - anyone have any contacts who may be able to assist me?

Thanks for your help!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jim Sibbick

There used to be a RORO from Danao on Cebu to Isabel on Leyte. That is route my furniture was transported in 2006. 

If there still is a RORO from Isabel to Danao, then you can drive the trucks from Subic to Matnog on Luzon, cross over on the RORO to Allen on Samar. Then drive to Isabel on Leyte. Then put the truck on the the RORO to Danao. 

 

There is no need for a boat between Samar and Leyte as you cross over the San Juanico bridge. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cogon88
11 hours ago, Natasha said:

 

 

Yes, I did wonder about that - is it straightforward enough to go overland from Manila / Subic Bay to Danao? It looks like there are just two ferries? I assume it must be usual for these ferries to take large trucks...?

I've heard 2GO is reliable but expensive as well - what was your experience dealing with them cogon88? Why did you choose 2GO? 

That being said, I'd still need to hire a boat and crew to tow the material from Danao to Hingutanan - anyone have any contacts who may be able to assist me?

Thanks for your help!!

I choose 2Go as it was the only ro-ro ship available, my experience with them has not been stellar, I sent a Cat Dozer Engine on a pallet from Iloilo to Manila for rebuild it took them 14 days to get it to Manila. I then had a turbo charger Shipped from China to Cebu after Customs clerance it needed to be forward to Roxas City The Broker quoted 1500 Piso less on Phillippines Airlines then sending on the 2Go Ro-Ro to Iloilo and I had it in Roxas next day 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
10 hours ago, Jim Sibbick said:

If there still is a RORO from Isabel to Danao

Or the RORO from Polompon to Bogo might be cheaper.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natasha

Thanks so much for all your help everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..