Sign in to follow this  
Suntzu

Driving a Vehicle - Cebu to Manila

Suntzu

Hello all you out there...

I'm moving from Cebu to Pampanga for a job. I want to move my cars. Road trip.

Anyone of you done that?

I'm looking for route suggestions -- drive & RORO from Cebu to Pampanga. Or, Cebu to Manila; even Cebu to Subic.

I'd like to save some money moving my cars myself.

Thanks all in advance.

Jim Sibbick

Never done it but here is my route suggestion.

The simplest way is to put your cars on the 2GO ferry from Cebu City to Manila,  The boat trip is about 24 hours.

As for a route suggestion to drive them, my suggestion is to drive to Polambato port in Bogo and put your cars on the supershuttle RORO to Palompon Leyte. Pretty sure that RORO is cheaper then Cebu City to Ormoc. Then drive from Palompon to Allen on Samar. There is no need for a boat between Leyte and Samar as you cross over the San Juanico Bridge. At Allen, board the RORO for Matnog on Luzon. From Matnog, drive to your new home

By the way, the route I described, Bogo, Palompon, Allen and Matnog is how you get to Manila on the bus. 

• Like 1

Woolf
Jim Sibbick
Suntzu

Thank you Jim Sibbick... I'll check out that route.

Fayet

Hi  any update on your adventure? Thank you. 😊

bert
On 1/17/2019 at 12:51 PM, Jim Sibbick said:

Never done it but here is my route suggestion.

The simplest way is to put your cars on the 2GO ferry from Cebu City to Manila,  The boat trip is about 24 hours.

As for a route suggestion to drive them, my suggestion is to drive to Polambato port in Bogo and put your cars on the supershuttle RORO to Palompon Leyte. Pretty sure that RORO is cheaper then Cebu City to Ormoc. Then drive from Palompon to Allen on Samar. There is no need for a boat between Leyte and Samar as you cross over the San Juanico Bridge. At Allen, board the RORO for Matnog on Luzon. From Matnog, drive to your new home

By the way, the route I described, Bogo, Palompon, Allen and Matnog is how you get to Manila on the bus. 

hey big  jim you up  and running again good on mate

• Like 1

SkyMan

Thanks for the info.  This was a different route than we took but it looks like you were a day faster too.  We did more driving and only 2 ferries.  Enjoyable.  I have ridden my bike from San Carlos to Bacolod and love that trip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

jtmwatchbiz
2 hours ago, Ray007 said:

I hope this helps ..

sure does.  my wife and one of her cousins are picking up a car their uncle gave them and will be making this trip soon.  

• Thanks 1

to_dave007

I like the route Ray007 took.  And the San Carlos to Bacolod drive gets thumbs up from me as well.

If I was doing this trip, the part that would bug the s*t out of me is what route to take through Manila.. since you say you need to go all the way to Pampanga..   and what day/time I should try to arrive to make that trip.  I keep hearing these horror stories about traffic there.  Any suggestions?  or are there even many alternatives?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

to_dave007
14 hours ago, Ray007 said:

Manila to Bantangas - drive
Batangas to Calapan - ferry
Calapan to Roxas - Drive
Roxas to Caticlan - Ferry
Caticlan to Iloilo - Drive
Iloilo - Bacolod - Ferry
Bacolod - San Carlos City - Drive
San Carlos - Toledo - Ferry
Toledo to Cebu - Drive

Ray..  which of these ferries were FastCat Ferries?  Looks like possibly all of them.  

https://www.fastcat.com.ph/routes/

Have taken FastCat a few times..  It's more expensive that some of the alternatives, but they seem to be quite professional and so far they've always stuck to schedules.  That would help with trip planning.

SkyMan
14 hours ago, Ray007 said:

I was relocated to Cebu from my company and when I inquired 2go to transport my Ford Everest they quoted me 35,000 peso.

Yeah, and that's why the car dealers here charge p40K or more delivery charge for a new vehicle.  I don't know how it is they sell any cars here.  Just buy in Manila and drive down.  If only there were a way for cars to be imported directly to Cebu.....hmmmmm.....some kind of port thingy or something.....

Buying in Manila I think you also get more choices.  Here it seems to be like, you can have any color you want, as long as it's white...

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smokey

We shipped our car on 2 go ferry bought ticket at port.we rode on that ferry ....state room cost 6.000 and 16.000 for car in cebu exit charge was 800

Edited by smokey

Ray007
7 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Ray..  which of these ferries were FastCat Ferries?  Looks like possibly all of them.  

https://www.fastcat.com.ph/routes/

Have taken FastCat a few times..  It's more expensive that some of the alternatives, but they seem to be quite professional and so far they've always stuck to schedules.  That would help with trip planning.

Hi. 

the fastcat was the last ferry we took from San Carlos to Toled. Since the timing was quite a wait. And yes they were more professional and they even did the safety demonstration 😁😁😁

• Like 1