Sign in to follow this  
bkb1

Crocodile Lechon - The most Outrageous food in the Philippines

bkb1

• Like 3

cookie47

Nice, thanks for posting.

Some 40 years ago there was a dilemma with rogue crocs close to urban areas around Darwin. Rather than relocating them (which was the original solution) , Somewhat like the video they were relocated to a Croc "farm" where they breed.and were farmed as meat and leather products.
Farmed Croc in Northern Australia is delicious.
White meat, low fat, sometimes seen in specialty butchers down south.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

KID

Here in the states y local farmers market has a guy who sells BBQ alligator nuggets every summer. ?Texas road house,A restaurant chain  even has them on the menu

• Like 2

GBT62

Yeah, have had the farmed type a few times up in North Queensland - crumbed entree usually, very tasty.

It's a bit more confronting when you see it spinning on the spit though :lol:

• Like 2

SkyMan

I made a nice gator tail stew once and brought it to work. It was quickly gone. 

• Like 2

cookie47

Hope not off topic

I can attest to the truth in this article (below), as i was a keen fishermen and in Darwin during those years. They tried to relocate it but it drowned in the nets during its capture, its now located in the Darwin Museum.

Copy from Wikipedia.....

Sweetheart was the name given to a 5.1 metre saltwater crocodile responsible for a series of attacks on boats in northern Australia between 1974 and 1979. Sweetheart attacked outboard motors, dinghies, and fishing boats. Wikipedia83e2623e446fffe4a057331aac041e9d.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1