Sign in to follow this  
bkb1

Centipede Bite Worse Than ALL Stings

bkb1

• Like 1

M.C.A.

Venum extractor... Interesting never heard of that but I'd sure like to get one.  We have centipede's around the home but not large like this one so a little worried if my 2-year-old or 7-year old grandkids get bit, we also have snakes.

lamoe
54 minutes ago, M.C.A. said:

Venum extractor... Interesting never heard of that but I'd sure like to get one.  We have centipede's around the home but not large like this one so a little worried if my 2-year-old or 7-year old grandkids get bit, we also have snakes.

$8   on E-bay free shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Venom-Extractor-Pump-Kit-Poison-Remover-Sets-Emergency-First-Aid-Supplies/283079496802?hash=item41e8da5462:g:m6IAAOSwKtFbX8RK:rk:2:pf:1

image.png.f7fae350843527797986061a0fa6d254.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bkb1
53 minutes ago, M.C.A. said:

I first saw them about 50 years ago. Consisted of rubber suction cups a bit bigger than your thumb, compress them and put them on the bite. Any strong suction device will work.

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/venom-extractor-pump-first-aid-safety-kit-emergency-snake-bite-outdoor-camping-survival-tool-sos-i255688774-s351524983.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.7.6f5f3d36QEpD6z&search=1

• Like 2

Mr. Mike

He is a nut case....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Davaoeno

Suction for venomous snakebite: a study of "mock venom" extraction in a human model.

Alberts MB1, Shalit M, LoGalbo F.

Author information

Abstract

STUDY OBJECTIVE:

We determine the percentage of mock venom recovered by a suction device (Sawyer Extractor pump) in a simulated snakebite in human volunteers.

METHODS:

A mock venom (1 mL normal saline solution, 5.0 mg albumin, 2.5 mg aggregated albumin) radioactively labeled with 1 mCi of technetium was injected with a curved 16-gauge hypodermic needle 1 cm into the right lateral lower leg of 8 supine male volunteers aged 28 to 51 years. The Sawyer Extractor pump was applied after a 3-minute delay, and the blood removed by suction was collected after an additional 15 minutes. A 1991 Siemens Diacam was used to take measurements of the radioactive counts extracted and those remaining in the leg and body.

RESULTS:

The "envenomation load," as measured by mean radioactivity in the leg after injection, was 89,895 counts/min. The mean radioactivity found in the blood extracted in the 15 minutes of suction was 38.5 counts/min (95% confidence interval [CI] -33 to 110 counts/min), representing 0.04% of the envenomation load. The postextraction leg count was less than the envenomation load by 1,832 counts/min (95% CI -3,863 to 200 counts/min), representing a 2.0% decrease in the total body venom load.

CONCLUSION:

The Sawyer Extractor pump removed bloody fluid from our simulated snakebite wounds but removed virtually no mock venom, which suggests that suction is unlikely to be an effective treatment for reducing the total body venom burden after a venomous snakebite.

Comment in

Snakebite suction devices don't remove venom: they just suck. [Ann Emerg Med. 2004]

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14747805

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 5

Irenicus

Hmmm.... I have a YouTube channel and these vids get lots of views.  Maybe I will load up on opiates and do a few of them.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ozepete

What a bloody woouse. Worrying about a little centipede bite! 

The scorpions in the Oz desert are the real thing...

one of them half grown bastards ate my boots one night so I off after him over the dunes in my jocks, no boots, and even after pumpin' five shots from me trusty 30 30 into him, he still got away. Well back to the bunk and sleep only to be woken by this horrible gnawing sound, and would you believe it, that bastard returned and was chewing on me right leg (the foot was gone!) Shit I was pissed so straight up to attack but fell arse over (remember half me is leg missin') 

Well this fall was severe and hard enough to wake me up from that terrible nightmare....:snap:

And you're right Mike, bloke in the video is a full blown nut case, not even a good actor!

Edited by Ozepete
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

injected with a curved 16-gauge hypodermic needle 1 cm into the right lateral

Might help with a centipede bite near the surface. 

Dafey

• Haha 4

jtmwatchbiz
3 hours ago, Dafey said:

that's one of my all-time favorite movies and here's my favorite scene from it...

• Like 1

bkb1

• Like 1