Jump to content

A Neighborhood conundrum......


Bama

Recommended Posts

SkyMan
10 hours ago, HTM said:

Harassment from a "kid" is a crime?  

In the US it would be disturbing the peace. Here I think it's called calamity or something like that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Bama

    9

  • oztony

    8

  • Headshot

    6

  • SkyMan

    5

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why not just admit it...you are FB. 

We have several mentally disturbed characters that wander the baranguys. Generally they don't cause a fuss except for walking in the middle of the road, which I'm sure will be their demise eventually.

Bama, you should introduce yourself to the Baranguy Captain just to make him aware you're a nice guy and your intent is to live in peace while you bring money into the community without taking up a jo

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

In the US it would be disturbing the peace. Here I think it's called calamity or something like that. 

This case is neighbor harassment from a "kid", If he renting he can talk to the landlord and have him to fix it.
 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HTM said:

This case is neighbor harassment from a "kid"

This "kid" as some here have come to call FB here is a grown man. The biggest concern is that he injures/kills a REAL kid during one of his fits of anger.

Yesterday, I went to a hardware store down the street and made vague inquiries about the location of the barangay hall and who it's captain is,etc. I was immediately met with a barrage of questions: Why do you need to go there? What business do you have with the captain? Is there a problem where you live? 

I came away convinced that store owner already knew what the story is and was pumping me for info. I'm guessing that the whole barrio knows the situation and are simply waiting for my reaction.

I've stewed about this for a couple of days and can't see a chance of anything positive happening here. We have 3 REAL kids in the house that I can't watch night and day as they come or go to school. If I piss FB off he could catch any one of the three off the property and do whatever he chooses.The youngest ones school is about 30 meters from FB's house.

IMO an outside agency would need to intervene  in this situation while totaling leaving the locals out of the picture. Unfortunately,this agency probably doesn't exist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
3 minutes ago, Bama said:

The biggest concern is that he injures/kills a REAL kid during one of his fits of anger.

How many kids has he killed so far ?  Has he killed anything so far ?? 

 

 If I was genuinely concerned for my kids safety I would move immediately - not talk about it day after day on some forum.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot

So, did you find out where the barangay hall is? Because, in the end, that is where you need to go if you want to report this to anybody ... and report it you should. The barangay captain may or may not do anything about FB. The captain may or may not already know (in detail) about him. However, if nobody speaks up, nothing ever gets done. Dogs are a good idea to protect your property, but they can't protect your kids when they are outside of your property. Even if Davaoeno doesn't understand your fears, I do. You have witnessed this person's displayed anger, and you aren't sure on who or what he will direct that anger later. That is a reasonable fear.

PS... If your barangay has a fiesta, give the captain a small donation toward it (500p or 1000p). Barangay captains always take donors more seriously than non-donors.

Edited by Headshot
Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
39 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Barangay captains always take donors more seriously than non-donors.

Correction: I meant to say MAY not ALWAYS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
oztony

A few comments have been hidden ...cease fire gentlemen , I would hope that an armistice is now in place and the bickering has stopped. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Dafey

Bama, you should introduce yourself to the Baranguy Captain just to make him aware you're a nice guy and your intent is to live in peace while you bring money into the community without taking up a job. I would suggest anyone that moves to the Philippines stop in to say hi and introduce themselves

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
oztony
19 minutes ago, Dafey said:

I would suggest anyone that moves to the Philippines stop in to say hi and introduce themselves

Most definitely ..and things tend to go a whole heap better and easier.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bama said:

This "kid" as some here have come to call FB here is a grown man. The biggest concern is that he injures/kills a REAL kid during one of his fits of anger.

Yesterday, I went to a hardware store down the street and made vague inquiries about the location of the barangay hall and who it's captain is,etc. I was immediately met with a barrage of questions: Why do you need to go there? What business do you have with the captain? Is there a problem where you live? 

I came away convinced that store owner already knew what the story is and was pumping me for info. I'm guessing that the whole barrio knows the situation and are simply waiting for my reaction.

I've stewed about this for a couple of days and can't see a chance of anything positive happening here. We have 3 REAL kids in the house that I can't watch night and day as they come or go to school. If I piss FB off he could catch any one of the three off the property and do whatever he chooses.The youngest ones school is about 30 meters from FB's house.

IMO an outside agency would need to intervene  in this situation while totaling leaving the locals out of the picture. Unfortunately,this agency probably doesn't exist.

These inquiries were more likely just the gossip gathering. Pretty common for people to want to be "informed" even if it’s none of their direct concern.

in the area of Leyte I live in, opposite side to Tacloban, the Barangay council member for your sitio would be contacted in a matter like this.  Good chance this will bring little results, but it is what is done here.  Then, most likely, a sit down meeting (these are regularly scheduled usually saturdays) with a small group of citizens will listen to both parties. Then, advice is rendered.  

We were expected to make three attempts to resolve issues.  After that, it can go to the courts.

Most of the issues involve petty things like someone stealing a chicken or such.  Property damage and "scandalous behavior " is also reported.

Even the police may advise that in a case like this, go to the Barangay council first. 

The behavior you described sounds more disturbing than threatening.  I still suggest some sort of befriending may lead to a positive outcome. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozepete

An electric fence unit does the trick. Insulate your gate or door then connect the electric fencer to it. Run power to it from a spot where you can see him but not he see you. As he kicks the crap out of your gate / door, switch it on and light him up for a few seconds. That would sit him on his but wondering WTFWT! And maybe deter him from further attacks without harming him. Works wonders on dogs and sadly the mentality of this guy seems to be similar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
oztony
6 minutes ago, Jawny said:

We were expected to make three attempts to resolve issues.  After that, it can go to the courts.

A similar process in provincial Negros , sometimes the barangay captain will arrange a meeting to be held with the concerned party's and the lupon where advice will be given to those concerned on a resolution and a way forward...

https://www.tagalog-dictionary.com/search?word=lupon

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bama said:

This "kid" as some here have come to call FB here is a grown man. The biggest concern is that he injures/kills a REAL kid during one of his fits of anger.

Have you talk to your landlord?

Link to post
Share on other sites
colemanlee
6 minutes ago, HTM said:

Have you talk to your landlord?

They own the house

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..