A Neighborhood conundrum......

Bama

I think you will always lose trying to fight “crazy.” Not a good word to use, but it describes both FB and his parents. Sure, make certain the Captain and police are aware. But find a way to accept the person and situation. I would 100% avoid the parents, they seem to have both a hate issue and a means of revenge. 

Give the FB some friendship gifts. A teeshirt, a lunch. Maybe a battery operated fan?  :-)   Say nothing but pleasantries. Fix the gate. Maybe spikes on it where it gets kicked. Have patience. That said, I wouldn’t let him inside or be a ‘pal’ either. Arm’s length accommodation only.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bama

• oztony

• Headshot

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why not just admit it...you are FB. 

We have several mentally disturbed characters that wander the baranguys. Generally they don't cause a fuss except for walking in the middle of the road, which I'm sure will be their demise eventually.

Bama, you should introduce yourself to the Baranguy Captain just to make him aware you're a nice guy and your intent is to live in peace while you bring money into the community without taking up a jo

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, hyaku said:

The two family pictured in my icon usually deter anyone from even coming near our place.

Dogs are an excellent idea---we have wanted one even before this mess started. I have yet to see any dog here though that wasn't mangy,half starved,etc that we would be willing to care for long term. 

jtmwatchbiz
22 minutes ago, Daddle said:

Give the FB some friendship gifts. A teeshirt, a lunch. Maybe a battery operated fan?  :-)  

why not just admit it...you are FB. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
HeyMike
40 minutes ago, Bama said:

Dogs are an excellent idea---we have wanted one even before this mess started. I have yet to see any dog here though that wasn't mangy,half starved,etc that we would be willing to care for long term. 

Um... one of my dogs just had 7 pups... so....

Headshot

Good idea. Get a couple of large female dogs. Then keep them inside of the fence at all times. I say female because 1) they aren't as messy as males and 2) every time one of them is in heat, the street outside of your gate will be full of male dogs (which will serve as a further deterrent to anybody wanting to hang around outside your gate). Just don't ever let the males get close to your females. They don't need to be unfriendly (in fact, I would see that as a problem) since Filipinos are wary of all big dogs and fierceness isn't really necessary. Barking at strangers is a plus.

If you do get dogs, keep their vet care regular. They should get all necessary shots and parasite treatments. That will keep the fleas, ticks and mange away. Getting pups is always a good idea, but you should be prepared for some nights where they are missing their mother. If you want a mature dog, then go and visit the local shelter or pound. The pounds kill street dogs that are picked up here, so if you can find a couple of very friendly dogs that way, they will be eternally grateful to you. You can pretty much guarantee a strong bond between you and the dogs.

• Like 2
SkyMan
1 hour ago, Bama said:

I'll let you know the next time some morron drops off a bag of puppies near our place.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Good idea. Get a couple of large female dogs. Then keep them inside of the fence at all times. I say female because 1) they aren't as messy as males and 2) every time one of them is in heat, the street outside of your gate will be full of male dogs (which will serve as a further deterrent to anybody wanting to hang around outside your gate). Just don't ever let the males get close to your females. They don't need to be unfriendly (in fact, I would see that as a problem) since Filipinos are wary of all big dogs and fierceness isn't really necessary. Barking at strangers is a plus.

If you do get dogs, keep their vet care regular. They should get all necessary shots and parasite treatments. That will keep the fleas, ticks and mange away. Getting pups is always a good idea, but you should be prepared for some nights where they are missing their mother. If you want a mature dog, then go and visit the local shelter or pound. The pounds kill street dogs that are picked up here, so if you can find a couple of very friendly dogs that way, they will be eternally grateful to you. You can pretty much guarantee a strong bond between you and the dogs.

If this guy is as crazy as it seems he would soon easily find a way to rid you of your dogs. 

• Like 2
oztony
36 minutes ago, Jack Rat said:

If this guy is as crazy as it seems he would soon easily find a way to rid you of your dogs. 

Along with all the other neighbours that get sick to death of incessant barking from dogs...

• Like 4
Maldita23

Report it to the Police, just to put in on record. Better safe than sorry :)

Remember a person whit most "mental health problems" in the Philippines  is by law not responsible for there action sins they by law is a "kid".  In cases like this the only way is to have the Barangay helping or just go on whit your life. As long as "FB" don't do a "real" crime or are dangerous to him self or others I think the best is to smile and fix your gate you self.

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, HTM said:

Remember a person whit most "mental health problems" in the Philippines  is by law not responsible for there action sins they by law is a "kid".  In cases like this the only way is to have the Barangay helping or just go on whit your life. As long as "FB" don't do a "real" crime or are dangerous to him self or others I think the best is to smile and fix your gate you self.

I would have thought harassment and damaging property would be classed as a "real" crime. 

• Like 1
oztony
1 minute ago, Jack Rat said:

I would have thought harassment and damaging property would be classed as a "real" crime. 

Not in the Philippines when you have a mental incapacity ....

• Like 3

Help FB find his dream job in the middle east and its a win win for everyone.

dd4f716b9c5e396581ea5a5f4180bb4e.jpg

• Thanks 1
Headshot
9 hours ago, Jack Rat said:

Is he mentally deranged or mentally deficient? If he is mentally deficient, the dogs should do the trick ... even if he is also mentally deranged.

7 hours ago, Jack Rat said:

Harassment from a "kid" is a crime?  If a kid damaging your property here. the Barangay is where you go to get a settlement here in the Philippines.

• Like 1