A Neighborhood conundrum......

Bama

SkyMan
6 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

find a metal worker and welder and put the problem behind y'all. 

And then he starts throwing rocks at the windows or whatever in the yard.

• Like 1
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bama

• oztony

• Headshot

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why not just admit it...you are FB. 

We have several mentally disturbed characters that wander the baranguys. Generally they don't cause a fuss except for walking in the middle of the road, which I'm sure will be their demise eventually.

Bama, you should introduce yourself to the Baranguy Captain just to make him aware you're a nice guy and your intent is to live in peace while you bring money into the community without taking up a jo

Posted Images

oztony
2 hours ago, Jawny said:

Have you considered befriending the young man?

Nice thought ..but could become even more problematic ..as in actually knocking on the door all the time looking for his new best besty instead of just kicking the gate ...

Had a guy with mental issues as a neighbour many years ago ..he was the same age as me late 20's , used to come over all the time , sometimes I took him to work with me if it was going to be a short day ...woke up a few times with him standing at the end of the bed in my room asking what we were going to do that day ...no biggy , his parents were lovely people but the real problems emerged when we had a female flatmate move in ..certain delicate items of her clothing started to go missing off the clothes line and a bit of peeking through the fence etc...had to draw the demarkation lines after that ....

• Like 4
3 hours ago, HeyMike said:

I had something similar to this. An idiot would throw a rock at my jeep when I drove to town at night. I would never see him because he was hiding in the rice fields or somewhere close by. I would stop and yell shouting if it happens again, there will be trouble.

This went on for about a week. Then one day a guy tells me he knows who is throwing the rocks and offers to give me his name. So I have a name now. I told the guy to tell the idiot that this stops now. If one more rock hits my jeep, I will have the cops take care of it and that I am friends with all the cops. I tell the guy to tell the idiot that I do not want the cops to come and arrest him; that the smart thing to do is to just stop with the rocks.

My jeep was never hit with rocks again after the idiot got the message.

My advice is to tell the mother that FB's behavior has to stop. Ask the mother or father what they would do if a neighbor's child continued to damage their home. Tell them you do not want to go to the police, but what other choice will you have if their son continues his destructive behavior.

You may try to ask the police to just talk to FB and maybe it will be enough to throw fear into the guy and he will stop.

Filipinos tend to sense weakness and will often take full advantage of it. Put your foot down, seems it's time to get the cops and your lawyer involved. Hopefully it should stop any further harassment.

• Like 1
HeyMike
2 hours ago, Jack Rat said:

Filipinos tend to sense weakness and will often take full advantage of it. Put your foot down, seems it's time to get the cops and your lawyer involved. Hopefully it should stop any further harassment.

The event I posted about happened years ago... maybe 8 years ago. Once the rock-thrower (see, I didn't say idiot) got the message that he will be getting a visit from the police if he did not stop, the guy stopped. I gave him a last chance and he was smart enough to take it.

jtmwatchbiz
3 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

I gave him a last chance and he was smart enough to take it.

actually i sprained my throwing arm doing handstands for coins up on fuente.

• Haha 5
HeyMike
2 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

actually i sprained my throwing arm doing handstands for coins up on fuente.

Friggin' eh... it was you? Why you little....why I orta....

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Jack Rat said:

Put your foot down, seems it's time to get the cops and your lawyer involved.

Not sure how a lawyer would be helpful.

I'm to sue the family for what?-----they are as broke as most of the rest around here.Don't require their money----just need their son to stay the f... off of my gate.

16 minutes ago, Bama said:

Not sure how a lawyer would be helpful.

I'm to sue the family for what?-----they are as broke as most of the rest around here.Don't require their money----just need their son to stay the f... off of my gate.

I didn't say you have to sue them, just a letter from a lawyer warning them that if you have further harassment, then the police will then be involved.  

• Thanks 1
SkyMan
2 hours ago, Jack Rat said:

I didn't say you have to sue them, just a letter from a lawyer warning them that if you have further harassment, then the police will then be involved.  

I think I'd talk to the barangay captain long before going to a lawyer. 

• Like 3
smokey

You are going to have to be his friend you will never win he is mental they are not going to lock him up. If he.acts like a 6 year old treat him like one 

• Like 2
oztony

Depending on how often this mentally challenged person frequents your front gate ...maybe just get a uniformed security guard to stand out there for a few days , do a few laps up and down the fence line so as to ensure the family of this person is aware of the lengths you have had to go to , it may be the deterrent that is needed to halt any further damage to your property and the cost should be relatively minimal.

Edited by oztony
  • Like 2
33 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

or pay a large local to put some fear into him.

I'm not going to pay a thug to beat up a retarded guy----just not going to happen.

oztony
47 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

or pay a large local to put some fear into him

9 minutes ago, Bama said:

I'm not going to pay a thug to beat up a retarded guy----just not going to happen.

I read it as a formidable presence to act as a deterrent , no mention of "beating" someone up ....

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Bama said:

It could happen as you suggest that the barangay captain gets the blame for bringing this situation to light. I have observed though that it's often easier for the locals to blame the "rich" foreigner than a local official. That is how it usually works in my wife's barrio anyway.

This is how it works. No one wants to accept responsibilty and will push the blame on someone else preferably an outsider. I hope you have a good kapitan that will deal with it. I have had results to varying degrees on that. On high at the moment with my neighbor retiring as chief of police and taking the job. The two family pictured in my icon usually deter anyone from even coming near our place. Looking at CCTV they even walk past the house on the other side of the road.

Edited by hyaku
  • Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
51 minutes ago, hyaku said:

The two family pictured in my icon usually deter anyone from even coming near our place.

Which could be another problem solver for Bama. You don't want anyone getting bitten but the locals steer clear if you have a loud dog. We have a black Lab...would hold the bag for the burgler but barks up a storm whenever someone approaches. anyone coming up to the gate hangs back 1-2 meters in fear, even though her tail is wagging and she just wants to play!

• Like 2