fred42

Easy way to quit smoking?

papimafioso69

I use Chewing Tobacco  . I've tried quitting and I have for a couple of weeks before and after a surgery . When I relocate to the Phils .  this year . I'm going to give it a go again . I tried 6 months ago and it was good . Ozzie said it was easier to give up Heroin than smoking . lol Good luck and for those who have quit . I salute you .

• Like 1

lamoe
13 minutes ago, CardiacKid said:

Same with me. I still look look at a burning cigarette  with a sense of longing. 

For awhile would stand next to people smoking - now can't stand the smell

• Like 1

fred42

Day 7.. 
Still can`t believe how easy this is!
Vaping in a bar full of smokers yesterday.. No worries what so ever.

• Like 1

poby
On 1/17/2019 at 11:19 AM, SkyMan said:

I agree but there needs to be moderation on this and with factual sense involved.  Cutting off cell phones because someone might trigger a bomb with a phone ignores the fact there are many other ways to trigger a bomb.  Banning cigs or ecigs because the Gov't will later be paying for your health care is smart but perhaps allowing smokers to waive their healthcare rights would be smarter. I wonder if given that choice how many would quit?

Using that logic then we should waive healthcare rights for those who eat red/processed meat as it is thoroughly proven that consumption of such increases your risk of various cancers.  And of course anyone who happens to be overweight, that's also mostly a lifestyle choice so no healthcare for them as well.  At least smokers are paying in advance for their medical needs via the huge extra taxes they pay.  Not to mention the government pensions they won't be getting cos they dying earlier.  Actually, thinking about it, I think smokers actually increase government revenue overall when all factors are considered.

Incidentally, around 25% of lung cancers have no connection with smoking, (including passive).  Important also to remember that nothing actually causes cancer!  But many things increase the likelihood.  Anyone can get any kind of cancer at any age.  But various factors make it more likely.

Vaping may or may not turn out to be carcinogenic.  Currently their is no clear evidence of any danger in vaping but their is clear evidence of smoking to be dangerous, so it makes sense to choose the former over the latter.

I've been vaping for around 7 years now and I have absolutely zero desire to smoke a cigarette.  Hate even the smell of it!  But I love my 24mg 75/25 pg/vg juice.  I can enjoy my addiction daily without spending a lifetime pining for the hit I shouldn't have.

• Thanks 1

Semper paratus

Not to worry. Smokers are a dying breed. :o)

Sort of joking above.

I was a heavy smoker 2 plus packs a day for 40 years. I quit cold turkey one day while driving home from work in heavy traffic on an expressway coming out of the Detroit area. All stressed out I reached of course for my friend Pall Mall(reds, no filter). Plus I was having chest pain/tightness or whatever. I literally looked at that little white stick and said to it, you are controlling my life even when I might be having a heart attack !  I said that's crazy. I littered and threw it out the window plus the pack in my pocket and my lighter. I am now 75 years old this year, haven't touched one since, in great health now. it's never too late. 

If you are set on smoking stay away from filters, they make you suck harder which causes big lung problems. And non-filters don't cause trash, not for long anyhow.

Good luck no matter your choice.

Province-life

The DOH here have got an amendment going through atm to raise the minimum vaping age to 25 and probably ban most of the flavors, will still be able to smoke at 18 though. Logic.

Rocket

Where can I buy Vaping gear in Cebu?

SkyMan
36 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Where can I buy Vaping gear in Cebu?

Lots of vaping stores around. 

fred42
On 1/21/2019 at 9:20 PM, Province-life said:

The DOH here have got an amendment going through atm to raise the minimum vaping age to 25 and probably ban most of the flavors, will still be able to smoke at 18 though. Logic.

Where? In the Philippines?

fred42

When asked if DOH plans to tax e-cigarettes and vapes, Domingo said they plan to include them on the list of products for "sin tax".

http://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1052944

It was only a matter of time...All about the money!!