fred42

Easy way to quit smoking?

fred42

I have been a smoker for 40 years..
Tried numerous times to give up and failed every time usually the same day!
Longest I made it was 5 days but was climbing the damned walls before buying a pack to get saved by that smoke rush!! lol.
Someone gave me an e-cig pen last week with 12mg nicotine juice..It helped but not enough of a hit so I bought a 40 watt Veco solo plus Vape mod.
Been using this thing for 4 days and enjoy it better than cigarettes.. I already know that I wont smoke again..No need.
It`s so damned easy,it feels like cheating..Perhaps it is.

• Like 3

Jester

Quitting nicotine by using nicotine is like quitting alcohol by using wine!  

• Like 4

Dafey

I tried the patch but it made me dizzy when I smoked!

Cold Turkey 20 years ago on a 3 pack a day habit. When you decide it's time for you to quit it doesn't matter what you do, you've made up your mind and there is nothing more powerful than that.

31 minutes ago, fred42 said:

I already know that I wont smoke again..No need.

Good on you!!!

• Like 5

fred42
1 minute ago, Jester said:

Quitting nicotine by using nicotine is like quitting alcohol by using wine!  

True!!
The difference is I am eliminating the chemicals in the delivery system that smokes contain..
Whatever..I feel better then I did last week and the plan is to slowly reduce the 12mg nicotine content down to 3mg but one step at a time.
This system is not for everyone,not saying it is..
Ive done my own research and it`s my choice. 
Lets see how it goes.

• Like 5

Dafey

Nicotine is more addictive than Heroin and they use Methadone to slowly ween addicts off of the Heroin by gradually reducing the dosage.

Again, I say good on you! It's the best thing you can do for your health.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PeteHK

I quit almost exactly 2 years ago. Was smoking a pack a day for 40 plus years. One day I just got so pissed off with myself I just stopped. Yes it was very tough for the first week or two, and I still get to miss it very occasionally. Good thing is that so many pubs, bars, restos don't allow it inside any more. Feel much more healthy now.

• Like 1

Davaoeno
2 hours ago, Dafey said:

Nicotine is more addictive than Heroin and they use Methadone to slowly ween addicts off of the Heroin by gradually reducing the dosage.

So by using that logic Methadone will also help ween you off of nicotine ??  :kidding:

• Like 2

to_dave007

Quit a 2 pack a day habit 7 years ago here in Cebu.

Bought $300 worth of the nicotine gum with me when I arrived in March of that year, and smoked my 2nd last cigarette over coffee with my future FIL, and flipped him the last one..  and my lighter.  Then started chewing...  My logic at the time was to chew the gum at exactly the same time I changed scenery.  so that all my old HABITS could be broken at same time.  Chewed the $300 worth of gum..  and didn't smoke again.  Had a close call when I first arrived back in Canada after that trip.  Hopped I the car that first morning to head to Tim Hortons (famous in Canada) for a coffee.. and without thinking my hand instinctively went to my pocket to find the cigarettes..  Skipped the coffee that morning and bought another $100 of gum instead.  Since then I've never been close to a relapse..  even around smokers.

• Like 1

Province-life

Well done, I quit myself with vaping 4-5 years ago, sell it aswell lol.

I'm surprised 12mg isn't killing your throat with a mod? What ohm is your coil? Most use 3mg or 6 tops.

• Like 1

fred42
27 minutes ago, Province-life said:

Well done, I quit myself with vaping 4-5 years ago, sell it aswell lol.

I'm surprised 12mg isn't killing your throat with a mod? What ohm is your coil? Most use 3mg or 6 tops.

The vape shop told me that a lot of smokers start with 24 mg..The highest nic they sell is 32 mg..
I tried the 24mg and choked on it..My head spun like it was my first ever cigarette!!
No idea what ohm my coil is but the vapour produced is perfect for me right now.

If I can get down to 3 mg,I`ll probably stay there to be honest..After further research,nicotine is not the problem health wise..The tar in the smoke is.
I blew the vapor into a white tissue to see what it captured..Nothing but clean vapor. . Do that with a cig and it turns mustard yellow.

• Like 1

Semper paratus
1 hour ago, fred42 said:

The vape shop told me that a lot of smokers start with 24 mg..The highest nic they sell is 32 mg..
I tried the 24mg and choked on it..My head spun like it was my first ever cigarette!!
No idea what ohm my coil is but the vapour produced is perfect for me right now.

If I can get down to 3 mg,I`ll probably stay there to be honest..After further research,nicotine is not the problem health wise..The tar in the smoke is.
I blew the vapor into a white tissue to see what it captured..Nothing but clean vapor. . Do that with a cig and it turns mustard yellow.

Don't worry about a thing. Your ashes will stop smoking just hours after cremation. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JohnSurrey

Hmmm... started at 15... whole family smoked... finally managed to break the habit about 40 years later... the money I wasted on that!

I think what helped me in the end was not wanting to give it up again... I cannot remember how many times I tried.

Hope you crack it.

Jester
12 hours ago, fred42 said:

True!!
The difference is I am eliminating the chemicals in the delivery system that smokes contain..
Whatever..I feel better then I did last week and the plan is to slowly reduce the 12mg nicotine content down to 3mg but one step at a time.
This system is not for everyone,not saying it is..
Ive done my own research and it`s my choice. 
Lets see how it goes.

Everybody quits!   You are in a fight for your life,  use everything you can find and if it does not work the first time try it again.   There is no failure in quitting only finding ways that do not work, until you find the one that does.  Keep up the good work.

For me it was prayer and meditation, the addiction was removed 30 years ago! 

noddle

for me and my partner 20 years ago,  we started changing the strength of the smokes we were using, till we got to the lowest strength ( over 6 months or so )

we were on them for maybe a month, and my partner had to have an operation, so she was in the hospital for a week,  she could not smoke,

and that's when we both stopped, 

Never looked back..

Edited by noddle
  • Like 1

BossHog

portion-strong-extra-general-3_1.thumb.jpg.fa38d298fbc0c12c889ff3e246b15e7a.jpg

• Like 2