DIY... props! Good job...

• Thanks 1

colemanlee

Nice job..

• Thanks 1

oztony
16 minutes ago, colemanlee said:

Nice job..

Thanks Lee ...my daughter really does get the short end of it in regards to my spent time so I am glad that I took the time out to do a special little project for her ....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

cookie47

Great lookin job... Nice carpentry,
some how carpentry doesn't turn out right for me. I'm a metal man.
look at those angles, wow.

I don't like carpentry too much, i find its hard to weld..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

oztony
7 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

look at those angles

Here are the angles , right side of supporting rails and a lot shallower left side (22.5 degrees) on the wide side of shelf ....about a hundred bucks worth of material and a bit of cutting and sticking it together ...and a pic of the trim moulding used to face off the edges.

image.thumb.png.cd1a2826e037bb6c39bc3084f9d9784f.pngimage.thumb.png.70497f8b97ac43edb73d2bc90930b933.png

• Like 3

jtmwatchbiz
17 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

some how carpentry doesn't turn out right for me. I'm a metal man.

same here.  i always been comfortable with metal and mechanical stuff but wood work i can't seem to handle. 

• Like 3

colemanlee

Well I finally got something that will work for wicks so made about five gallon size candles today..about a year of candle scraps Ive been saving...wife likes them for putting on the porch

• Like 3

cookie47
Here are the angles , right side of supporting rails and a lot shallower left side (22.5 degrees) on the wide side of shelf ....about a hundred bucks worth of material and a bit of cutting and sticking it together ...and a pic of the trim moulding used to face off the edges.
image.thumb.png.cd1a2826e037bb6c39bc3084f9d9784f.pngimage.thumb.png.70497f8b97ac43edb73d2bc90930b933.png
Thanks for that

It's ironic how we all in life have different skills and are comfortable with those skills , although some people can turn their hand to a lot of things... Myself its anything mechanical with "car" electrics thrown in.

But don't put a paint brush in my hand, you'll regret it.. Haha.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

oztony
5 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

same here.  i always been comfortable with metal and mechanical stuff but wood work i can't seem to handle. 

I do a lot of metal stuff as well , mainly mig , anyway with metal you can grind away anything you don't want there , even add and subtract with what you are up to ...I love making stuff out of steel ....on the other hand timber is a one shot arrangement ..you can always cut a bit more off but adding it on becomes a bit ugly...........:)

• Like 3

Headshot

Nice job Tony.

• Thanks 1

SkyMan

Well done. 

• Thanks 1

oztony

You know what was better than seeing the finished job ....my wife and daughter working with me and being involved in it ....that stuff is made of gold , family is foremost and their enjoyment out of saying hey look what we done was worth a hundred fold the cost of the materials...family.. not politics , not rubbish and continual rot ...that's where it's at fella's :twocents:

• Like 6

oztony

Well a unit I have been waiting for arrived from Sydney today (started it's journey in the U.S.A. , Lennox rooftop package unit) , so went and picked it up in the good o'l 1980 F350 dually , that thing will take 3 ton on the back of it and it is still a second gear take off... got home built a steel platform for it out of what I had lying around and got everything loaded and strapped ready for early start in the morning ....crane lift onto office block roof at 7 am in the city ....doing this whole job with just me and my wife (so I only have one other expert opinion to deal with as things progress LOL) .......The tray on the old effy is 3.5 meters long...

image.thumb.png.7124a5e73923821c4f52c034a48b607c.pngimage.thumb.png.fa39ba95f65eb5b1f1923b6395862d42.pngimage.thumb.png.c527b34f99d0bba221a237e5f24f230f.pngimage.thumb.png.293799597447963d2dd48e7e09e66c79.pngimage.thumb.png.f33dd4fc93c8c0e7e672a990bdbcb268.png

• Like 3

Salty Dog

@oztony Show off...:) 

Nice work mate...

On 1/11/2019 at 1:59 AM, cookie47 said:

...I don't like carpentry too much, i find its hard to weld.. emoji23.png

On 1/11/2019 at 2:18 AM, jtmwatchbiz said:

Same here. I couldn't cut a piece of wood straight, muchless build anything with it.

Never worked with metal.

Electrical and plumbing were always easy for me though.

• Like 1