Jump to content
JohnSurrey

Tricycle For School Run?

Recommended Posts

oztony
Posted (edited)

At the prospect of earning a couple of hundred pesos a day you would have to give serious consideration to whether it was worth it................unless 5 bucks a day was going to make a worthwhile difference to your lifestyle ... 

Edited by oztony
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
to_dave007
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Woolf said:

The Bajaj has the engine at the engine at the far back, most the weight over the 2 rear wheels/

I'm 6'2" and 110 kilo..  Tried to sit into the Bajaj.. No way.  Too small.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
7 minutes ago, oztony said:

At the prospect of earning a couple of hundred pesos a day you would have to give serious consideration to whether it was worth it................unless 5 bucks a day was going to make a worthwhile difference to your lifestyle ... 

Oh listen to the big shot spender  !!! Listen Buster- that 5 bucks could mean all the difference between  having a nice buzz and slobbering in the gutter !! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolf
8 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

I'm 6'2" and 110 kilo..  Tried to sit into the Bajaj.. No way.  Too small.

What about this one then ??

image.thumb.png.87f09abd34d79fa51c83a691c4efd4ff.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
1 minute ago, Woolf said:

What about this one then ??

image.thumb.png.87f09abd34d79fa51c83a691c4efd4ff.png

imagine trying to negotiate that thing in traffic and parking spots!!!  after one trip you would drive it over a cliff out of frustration.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolf
8 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

imagine trying to negotiate that thing in traffic and parking spots!!!  after one trip you would drive it over a cliff out of frustration.

Ask Bud Brown  he has one like it, not a Racal but a rusi chariot

image.png.01fc9b0038e838dc03483b2a9f1fd880.png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
to_dave007

I had a Racal.. sold it last week...  well.. truth be told.. I gave it away.. to BIL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oztony
1 minute ago, to_dave007 said:

I had a Racal.. sold it last week...  well.. truth be told.. I gave it away.. to BIL

How would you rate it....?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
to_dave007
Posted (edited)

it was an older model..  and was WAY underused for last 3 years when I owned it.  Initially bought it as "backup transportation" when I was having major mobility issues..  but never really needed it.. was waste of money for me.  However.. it did run fairly well..  and no matter what issues we had..  we were always able to overcome them.  My British "motorcycle nut" friend told me that the Racal uses an old Honda engine design..  so easy to get parts for.  Maybe he was right..  we always got what we needed to get it fixed.

The Racal I had was 150cc gas powered model.  Racal NOW sells a smaller unit that's electric powered specifically with seating for passengers.  Out here on west coast we see quite a few in passenger trike duty..  you can see a dozen or more in Daan Bantayan doing that.  So they seem popular with trike drivers where the terrain is fairly flat.  Not sure how they would do on hills..   I THINK it might be worth a look for a "school bus" vehicle..

BTW.. I'm NOT a motorcycle guy..  so my ideas on rating will ..  er.. um..  really suck !!

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
to_dave007
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Woolf said:

What about this one then ??

image.thumb.png.87f09abd34d79fa51c83a691c4efd4ff.png

there is smaller electric powered unit available today... from Racal.  This is one of their gas powered versions.  LOOKS good..  but we hardly EVER see passengers in one of these out here..  Gas powered Racal is used 99.99% for freight. Mt crazy Canadian friend has one of these that his mother funded..  and I'm told the ride..  for passengers.. is NOT comfortable.  Something about "no suspension".  He bought it HOPING to make money in the booming trike business...  and because it doesn't fall over so easily when he's drunk..  There's a reason I call him my "crazy" Canadian friend.  The Racal doesn't keep him upright all the time. 

Exactly the opposite for the electric model..  I've ONLY seen it used for passenger business.

[For those that's interested..  I think his gross revenue from "trike driving" is less than 1 bottle of Emperador, since September.  He complains that no-one takes him seriously]

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolf
28 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

there is smaller electric powered unit available today... from Racal.  This is one of their gas powered versions.  LOOKS good..  but we hardly EVER see passengers in one of these out here..  Gas powered Racal is used 99.99% for freight. Mt crazy Canadian friend has one of these that his mother funded..  and I'm told the ride..  for passengers.. is NOT comfortable.  Something about "no suspension".  He bought it HOPING to make money in the booming trike business...  and because it doesn't fall over so easily when he's drunk..  There's a reason I call him my "crazy" Canadian friend.  The Racal doesn't keep him upright all the time. 

Exactly the opposite for the electric model..  I've ONLY seen it used for passenger business.

[For those that's interested..  I think his gross revenue from "trike driving" is less than 1 bottle of Emperador, since September.  He complains that no-one takes him seriously]

There was a ton of the electric racals here in talisay a year ago, none any more

I guess they found out that the maintenance cost on batteries was tooooo high

lead batteries do not last that long

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
to_dave007
29 minutes ago, Woolf said:

There was a ton of the electric racals here in talisay a year ago, none any more

I guess they found out that the maintenance cost on batteries was tooooo high

lead batteries do not last that long

Good point..  Plus Most probably bought on terms..  with monthly payments..  so owner just walk away from them.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnSurrey
On 1/8/2019 at 12:52 PM, Davaoeno said:

Oh listen to the big shot spender  !!! Listen Buster- that 5 bucks could mean all the difference between  having a nice buzz and slobbering in the gutter !! 

Yes interesting as I believe the SIL (OFW in Middle East) doesn't make much more than that !

Anyway, guess that's why they say opinions are like arseholes...everybody has one and most of them stink :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HTM
Quote

Enjoy cruising with your friends out of the rain and sun in your new electric tricycle, fully street legal and exempt from registration and fees due to LTO’s electric transportation exemption rules.

select from a wide range of colors and accessories motor options battery options rear-view camera,bluetooth, FM radio, heater and fan and much much more.

Comes with lead-acid batteries and can be manufactured with Li-po battery option for extended range and battery life cycles.

p. 180,000 to Cebu City.

 

e3.jpg

COOL E-TRIKE and 4 wheeler

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HTM

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..