Met her on fb so il be visiting her

I have been researching about this place on google

They have hotels etc. For stay

Question i have

is this a safe place to visit?

Should i reserved a hotel now before going or i can just walk in

• Like 1

Headshot

Where is Kalibo Island? I know there is a town called Kalibo on the island of Panay (which is kind of the gateway to Boracay), but I've never heard of a Kalibo Island. If the Kalibo near Boracay is what you are talking about, just take her to Boracay. There will be a lot more for you to do.

hilyfe

Yes kalibo near iloilo or buracay

Ill have to ask her if she can go to buracay

liquido

Better do your homework on visiting Boracay now a days..

Salty Dog
8 hours ago, Headshot said:

Where is Kalibo Island? I know there is a town called Kalibo on the island of Panay (which is kind of the gateway to Boracay), but I've never heard of a Kalibo Island. If the Kalibo near Boracay is what you are talking about, just take her to Boracay. There will be a lot more for you to do.

thats what you get when you trust Wikipedia.JPG

I guess that's what happens when you trust Google...:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Headshot

If you make reservations at one of the better resorts on Boracay, you probably don't need to worry about much. I would imagine the better resorts take care of the details for their guests (to comply with the new regulations). BTW, there is a Shangri-La Resort on Boracay, which is likely the best resort on the island.

Edwin

It's a very safe place. I stayed in the Marzon hotel and one other hotel there but don't remember the name. Marzon was somewhere in the 1500 peso range, basic and clean with a pool and a restaurant attached to the hotel. You won't find anything nicer in town. Tricycles are everywhere and reminded me of bees going in and out of a busy hive. No fancy restaurants in town.

Consider a trip to Roxas City (the seafood capitol of the Philippines) where you can stay at Antonio's Resort hotel on Baybay Beach. The beach has a strip of waterfront eateries with delicious seafoods and you will even find a Mongolian style restaurant there. 

• Like 3

jtmwatchbiz
4 hours ago, liquido said:

my wife and some of her family just returned from boracay a couple days ago and said there was nothing different about getting there or staying in a resort.  i don't think there is any new homework needed aside from the usual trip planning stuff like before the closure.  she said there was plenty of available resorts to choose from.

• Like 4

hilyfe
10 hours ago, liquido said:

Yeha i have heard lots have been changed

Since 

6 hours ago, Headshot said:

If you make reservations at one of the better resorts on Boracay, you probably don't need to worry about much. I would imagine the better resorts take care of the details for their guests (to comply with the new regulations). BTW, there is a Shangri-La Resort on Boracay, which is likely the best resort on the island.

So should i make a reservation now or when evwr i landed in boracay

Im not even sure yet if ill go to boracay

hilyfe
6 hours ago, Edwin said:

It's a very safe place. I stayed in the Marzon hotel and one other hotel there but don't remember the name. Marzon was somewhere in the 1500 peso range, basic and clean with a pool and a restaurant attached to the hotel. You won't find anything nicer in town. Tricycles are everywhere and reminded me of bees going in and out of a busy hive. No fancy restaurants in town.

Consider a trip to Roxas City (the seafood capitol of the Philippines) where you can stay at Antonio's Resort hotel on Baybay Beach. The beach has a strip of waterfront eateries with delicious seafoods and you will even find a Mongolian style restaurant there. 

images.jpeg.jpg

Marzon does looks good  

Province-life

Nothing to do there really. Either go to Boracay or you could try Pandan if you fancy somewhere quieter, about 40 mins south of the turn over to Boracay. Small white beach there and a nice river aswell.

• Like 1

liquido
3 hours ago, hilyfe said:

Yeha i have heard lots have been changed

Since 

So should i make a reservation now or when evwr i landed in boracay

Im not even sure yet if ill go to boracay

The home work I meant was I read that you must have proof of booking for a hotel before they let you go to set foot on Boracay and other rules about drinking on the beach..

• Like 1

hilyfe

Lol thanx for telling me i just found that out now

I guessing i dont need to see boracay for now

Ill just stay in kalibo for couple days  and see if i really do like her

2 hours ago, Province-life said:

Nothing to do there really. Either go to Boracay or you could try Pandan if you fancy somewhere quieter, about 40 mins south of the turn over to Boracay. Small white beach there and a nice river aswell.

Im thinking of renting one of those small bikes and tour that island

Davaoeno

maybe I dont understand something here .  You will stay in Kalibo  Island [ which is on an island but certainly not an island]  and will rent a small bike and tour Boracay  where you are not allowed unless you have a reservation there ??  Did I miss anything out ?

hilyfe

Lol i was talking about kalibo

If i jeed to make a reservation first just to visit boracay

Its not worth it to me

Its like youre being forced to get a hotel just to see that place

No thank you

Im talking about renting a bike in kalibo and just sight seeing the place while being with her

Or if theres a ferry from manila to kalibo then i coyld bring in my own vehicle collecting dust in rockwell