cookie47

Foreign Nationals Warned Against Disrespecting Immigration Officers

to_dave007
39 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Just him or everyone born in the US ??

Now now dear..  Just FAR too cynical a thought for a Canadian to express (in public).

• Haha 1

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

Just him or everyone born in the US ??

Everyone born anywhere that comes in and yells at immigration and/or plays the celebrity card.

Kreole

WARNING TO TRAVELERS!!  Disrespectful assholes are not welcome to the Philippines, or any other country on the planet.

• Like 2

Headshot
Posted (edited)

I hate to burst anybody's bubble, but it isn't a good idea to disrespect anybody in authority in a third-world country ... and immigration officers should never be disrespected.

Edited by Headshot

oztony
31 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I hate to burst anybody's bubble,

:scratch_head: There doesn't appear to be any bubbles to burst Bill , everyone appears to be like minded on this ...

Does anyone here want a burst bubble ?....

• Haha 2

Jim Sibbick
7 hours ago, Dafey said:

I have a question about the article...

How do you extend the BB privilege? 

The same as an ordinary tourist except you don't start with 29 days.

Your first extension at 365 days as a balikbayan is the same as the first extension at 59 days for an ordinary tourist.

Extensions in your choice of 1,2 or 6 month. Your extension regardless of term includes the ACR-I card 

• Like 1

Jim Sibbick
7 hours ago, Woolf said:

I do not know if it   1 year BB + 2 or 1 year BB + 3, but I think it is 1 year BB + 2 ??????

3 years total, regardless if the first year was a balikbayan.  It is on the immigration website some where. 

Woolf
3 minutes ago, Jim Sibbick said:

The same as an ordinary tourist except you don't start with 29 days.

An ordinary tourist  start with a 30 day visa waiver

can be extended with a new 29 day visa waiver at an immigration office

with a prearranged visa it is 59 days

You can get a visa upon arrival  3000 php  and you get 59 days

Jim Sibbick
1 minute ago, Woolf said:

An ordinary tourist  start with a 30 day visa waiver

can be extended with a new 29 day visa waiver at an immigration office

with a prearranged visa it is 59 days

You can get a visa upon arrival  3000 php  and you get 59 days

You misread my post. An ordinary tourist first extension without a visa is a 29 days. 

My post is saying you don't start with a 29 day extension. 

Headshot
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oztony said:

:scratch_head: There doesn't appear to be any bubbles to burst Bill , everyone appears to be like minded on this ...

Does anyone here want a burst bubble ?....

I was referring to the jerkoffs who mouthed off to the immigration officers that prompted this message. I'm pretty sure their bubbles were burst. I'm also pretty certain my comment wasn't directed to you. Did you read where I said, "Tony, I hate to burst your bubble"?

Edited by Headshot

Woolf
4 minutes ago, Jim Sibbick said:

You misread my post. An ordinary tourist first extension without a visa is a 29 days. 

My post is saying you don't start with a 29 day extension. 

got it  now

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz
40 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I'm also pretty certain my comment wasn't directed to you. Did you read where I said, "Tony, I hate to burst your bubble"?

2 hours ago, Headshot said:

anybody's bubble

i believe tony would fall into the category of "anybody" no?

back on topic...in all the years of flying in and out of this country i don't recall any time when immigration arrival or departure was a hassle.  i can't imagine the need for a visitor to get upset with the process.  the rules and guidelines are fairly clear visa-wise. 

• Like 1

Davaoeno
2 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

i believe tony would fall into the category of "anybody" no?

back on topic...in all the years of flying in and out of this country i don't recall any time when immigration arrival or departure was a hassle.  i can't imagine the need for a visitor to get upset with the process.  the rules and guidelines are fairly clear visa-wise. 

But you arent a self centered self important my shit dont stink  pinoy celebrity !!    [ well at least not the celebrity part !! ]

• Haha 1

oztony
5 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

I have seen on at least 2 separate occasions , over the years and many trips , a group on one occasion and an individual on another get refused entry at Ninoy because of their snotty attitude while trying to get through immigration.

• Like 3

musicman666
Posted (edited)

Here we go again with this word respect ....it’s code for we are above you because we have the power ...it’s also tied in with words like privelage that also come up on a regular basis.

in reality countries are like huge companies ...they have their company policies and when two or more companies get together they can agree on a contract to allow their citizens to move between each country as long as they abide by the rules laid out beforehand.

so when dealing with the reps of each country the citizens know what’s expected of them to gain access. What I can’t understand is this idea that has been fermented over the years is that the citizen must respect the immigration officer more than they respect them. Surely any interaction is an exchange between two equal adults regarding the rules as stipulated. 

The immigration officer isn’t a mini king ...he’s just a regular guy like anyone else. 

Sure the foreigner didn’t meet the criteria and he vented ...ok but that didn’t change anything  as of course it should be but please drop the respect bullshit ....it’s just a guy who tried to bend the rules and failed.....and the rep did his job by enforcing  the rules of the contract.

Edited by musicman666
  • Like 1