Sign in to follow this  
cookie47

Foreign Nationals Warned Against Disrespecting Immigration Officers

Woolf

what about meaningful Thread Titles ?   https://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/111805-thread-titles-clickbaiting/

Here is the article

https://globalnation.inquirer.net/172334/foreign-nationals-warned-against-disrespecting-immigration-officers

Foreign nationals warned against disrespecting immigration officers

By: Consuelo Marquez - Reporter / @CMarquezINQ

INQUIRER.net / 03:12 PM January 04, 2019

MANILA, Philippines — Foreign nationals who disrespect immigration officers may be blacklisted in the Philippines, the Bureau of Immigration (BI) warned on Friday.

“While our immigration officers have been instructed to observe maximum tolerance, it is against the law to disrespect immigration authorities, and violating aliens may be excluded and blacklisted from the Philippines,” Immigration spokesperson Dana Krizia Sandoval said in a statement.

“Showing disrespect to symbols of authority is essentially showing disrespect to the country,” she added.

Sandoval issued the warning following reports of an unnamed local celebrity, who allegedly complained at immigration officers for only giving him a 30-day stay in the country.

The unnamed celebrity reportedly holds an American passport.

According to reports, the celebrity was “furious” at the bureau for  “giving him a hard time, despite him being a celebrity, with people wanting to take pictures with him”.

The bureau reminded the public about the scope of the Balikbayan Program intended for former Filipinos visiting the Philippines.

Under the law, Sandoval said the one-year Balikbayan visa privilege is “exclusively given to former Filipinos naturalized abroad and their spouse and children who are traveling with them.”

Those who have “Philippine lineage,” she said, do not necessarily qualify for the Balikbayan Privilege.

“The privilege is for former Filipinos, and their immediate family members who are traveling with them only,” Sandoval said.

“If these family members are not traveling with the Filipino or former Filipino, they are not qualified for the one-year visa free privilege,” she further said.

Sandoval also explained that balikbayans are given an initial stay of one year that could be extended for one to six months.

However, those “who are not qualified, but are included in the list of 157 countries eligible for visa-free entry pursuant to Executive Order No. 408, could get an automatic 30-day visa upon their arrival.”/ee

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

SkyMan
5 minutes ago, Woolf said:

what about meaningful Thread Titles 

It is about Immigration and really applies to anyone dealing with immigration. Immigration notice maybe?  

7 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Sandoval issued the warning following reports of an unnamed local celebrity, who allegedly complained at immigration officers for only giving him a 30-day stay in the country.

The unnamed celebrity reportedly holds an American passport.

My question is, how is this Ahole American tourist working here?

• Like 2

Salty Dog
4 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

… My question is, how is this Ahole American tourist working here?

Being a celebrity doesn't necessarily mean they're working there… 

liquido

American/Filipino celebrity,I wonder who he was?

Dafey

I have a question about the article...

Sandoval also explained that balikbayans are given an initial stay of one year that could be extended for one to six months.

How do you extend the BB privilege? 

• Like 1

colemanlee
Just now, Dafey said:

I have a question about the article...

How do you extend the BB privilege? 

Im not real sure but how I understand it, if you overstay a BB you can extend same as you can a tourist visa, it cost, is limited in time so IMHO its just like going back to being on a tourist visa...of course to re-establish your BB just leave the country with your wife again.  What Im not sure of is when you extend a BB do you go back to having exit permits, paying exit tax etc.

• Like 1

BossHog
11 minutes ago, colemanlee said:

Im not real sure but how I understand it, if you overstay a BB you can extend same as you can a tourist visa, it cost, is limited in time so IMHO its just like going back to being on a tourist visa...of course to re-establish your BB just leave the country with your wife again.  What Im not sure of is when you extend a BB do you go back to having exit permits, paying exit tax etc.

Correct. After one year you're not really 'extending' the BB per se but taking on tourist visa status. It's not really an 'overstay', though if you convert to tourist status before your one year is up. Maybe a matter of semantics but want to clarify.

Since you will have obviously been here over six months you will need to do the ECC when you leave.

The three-year limit in-country still applies. So, you have one year on BB status and two years of tourist visa extensions with all that entails.

• Thanks 3

Woolf
Posted (edited)

BB's are given a stay permit of 1 year

The BB privilege can NOT be extended your stay can be extended

if you as a BB want to stay longer, you become a tourist and can extend your stay by 1 to 6 months up to a total of 3 years

I do not know if it   1 year BB + 2 or 1 year BB + 3, but I think it is 1 year BB + 2 ??????

To get the BB you need to ENTER with your wife or husband

Edited by Woolf

colemanlee

Ive been on BB status for several years, love it and am completely satisfied with it, however I may convert to 13a this year as the wife and I have been told that it will aid in the adoption process.  

• Like 4

SkyMan

The BB Visa is just a 1 year tourist Visa and you have to leave before the end of the year or extend.  The AHole in the article thought he was special because his parents were Filipinos but he was born in the US and so not a former Filipino.  They should have put him back on the plane.

• Like 1

Davaoeno
14 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

he was born in the US and so not a former Filipino.  They should have put him back on the plane.

Just him or everyone born in the US ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3