Took My Wife And Daughter For Their First Horse Ride...

oztony

8 hours ago, Dafey said:

Her only time riding was on a swayback that you could probably touch the ground while in the saddle

Dug through the LinC archives and found a pic of a trio of old mods getting ready to ride a swayback. LOL.

Swaybacked.jpg.4d089d5bc027ed63b6349211c84517f5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Semper paratus

i was an equine phalangeologist in my younger days. The pictures brought back a lot of memories. I have likely posted that before. But seeing horses and such still stirs some great memories. It wasn't unusual for me to ride for 12 hours or more and at times all night long. And some really unusual experiences. A lot of gals really like horses :o) Too darned hot for riding here though in my opinion.

• Like 2
oztony
9 minutes ago, Semper paratus said:

Too darned hot for riding here though in my opinion.

Those pics were taken about 3 kilometers north of of the 40th parallel south ...so the warm period doesn't last long in that part of the world....:)

Semper paratus
9 minutes ago, oztony said:

Those pics were taken about 3 kilometers north of of the 40th parallel south ...so the warm period doesn't last long in that part of the world....:)

Thanks for the memories. It's a great life to live if one can. My sister in the U.S. just quit riding at the end of last year at the young age of 83. She would still be riding if she didn't have steel rods in her back from an unrelated accident years ago.

I only acquired 32 broken bones from my riding days, but I had a tendency to do some crazy stunts and such. And you know, sometimes things just happen. I don't have a picture when both arm wre in casts at the same time, 26 broken bones. Drove a 4 speed Chevy Camaro at the time and worked as a draftsman, Both were challenging for a while. The first night with both casts I drove up to the local bar, sat down an ordered a draft beer. The bartender said I'd be happy to give it to you but how are you going to drink it ? I said just give me a straw. LOL . I only drove using two gear, it was too hard to shift to all four. You sure brought back a lot of memories Tony. Too bad I wasn't into taking pictures in my younger years. I have very few of those days or my military says and so on. Oh well, the brain has a bunch of pictures. Maybe someday someone will figure out how to download them. :o) Cheers,

Thunder.jpg

Topper-Grubb Rd.091968.jpg

Only 1 cast.jpg

• Like 1