• Haha 4

TequilaSunset

Foiled Again has a new meaning now

• Like 1

lamoe

1:05 Tanduay causes the same effects but more enjoyable getting there

noddle

isn't it the same with aluminum pots and pans ?,   

i don't think I ever seen a stainless steel pot or pan in my 9 trips.. which I believe is better for you..

• Thanks 1

Jack Rat

What next?  Breathing might be dangerous for us, and definitely in the long term.

M.C.A.
2 hours ago, noddle said:

isn't it the same with aluminum pots and pans ?,   

i don't think I ever seen a stainless steel pot or pan in my 9 trips.. which I believe is better for you..

These aluminum pots are the worst they leave marks on the kitchen counter and darken due to corrosion so we are looking for steel pots.

Jester

We use to have a nut case that ranted about using aluminum scuba tanks, how it was going to ruin our health.

He was asked if he used under arm deodorant, he said yes.  Everyone had a good laugh.

Richard Overton just died he was the oldest living WW2 vet,  he said that whisky and cigars removed toxins from body and were the key to his long life.  Be like Dick. 

• Like 1

Semper paratus

The Mayo Clinic one of the most prestigious hospitals in the world listed 23 recipes for cooking in aluminum foil when I searched their web site for cooking in aluminum. No warnings , just recipes. Isn't that odd. :o)

https://www.mayoclinic.org/search/search-results?q= cooking in aluminum foil

• Like 1

Semper paratus

By the way, the last time I heard Twinkies are load with aluminum. Down with Twinkies. I have never seen them in the Phils though, not where we live anyhow.

I'll go with what the Mayo Clinic says though about cooking in aluminum foil.

• Like 1

CardiacKid

Would the author of this video have any investments in waxed paper? Another SFB with diarrhea of the mouth. 

• Like 1

lamoe
31 minutes ago, CardiacKid said:

Would the author of this video have any investments in waxed paper? Another SFB with diarrhea of the mouth. 

Hard to bake at 450 deg with waxed paper.

Can also die of water poisoning (not-drowning).

Semper paratus
52 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Hard to bake at 450 deg with waxed paper.

Can also die of water poisoning (not-drowning).

You can use parchment paper, also known as baking paper. It's non-stick also.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parchment_paper

Daddle

This again? Hilarious. False.  The earth is 8% aluminium. Life ignores it. I like how the narrator calls aluminium a ‘Heavy Metal’ for effect.

The nickel and chromium in stainless steel cookware could be an actual health issue. Both are rare in the soil and are often actually toxic to life. But even so not considered a significant health issue when compared to everything else in life.

Headshot

Two points:

1. I hadn't expected such a visceral reaction to a video that I just found mildly interesting. I guess you can never tell what effect some people's backgrounds and biases will have when a seemingly innocuous video is posted.
  2. Who decided to change the title of this topic? It was originally just "Aluminum Foil" which I thought was more than adequate to describe the topic content. It is funny that whoever changed it couldn't even spell doctors.
  • Haha 1