Metro Supermarket in Ayala Reopened

SunStar

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1781006/Cebu/Local-News/Bigger-wider-Metro-Ayala-re-opens

Bigger, wider Metro Ayala re-opens

JOHANNA MARIE O. BAJENTING

January 3, 2019

A BRIGHTER and wider Metro Ayala Supermarket greeted both their old and new shoppers as they re-opened in their original location.

For 22-year-old Jovelle Christine Lajera, an physical therapy intern of a private hospital, the re- opening made her happy because it's accessible for her. 

"I've been buying my groceries here even before the fire and it's a huge help to me because it's a walk away from my house," she told SunStar Cebu.

Metro Supermarket reopened to its customers last December 30 in Ayala Center Cebu.

Lajera, a native of Bohol, noted that the new supermarket is more pleasing to the eyes and even had more food choices than before.

"Hayag siya niya dako na'g space.Before wala pang sunog, huot kaayo. Naay new stocks nga mga imported products," she said.

Lajera said she will always buy her groceries in the supermarket now that they are full swing in their operation.

Another customer, Jo Bañez, 32, who works as an employee of a Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company, said she was thankful that the supermarket was back because the products are more affordable than other grocery stores.

She said that she was surprised with the improvements.

"Spacious na ilang fruits section and there are areas that are well- lighted now compared to before nga ngitngit. Naa sad silay products nga imported," she said in an interview with SunStar Cebu.

There is also basement parking provided for shoppers who have vehicles.

It has been one year after afire engulfed Metro Ayala Department Store and Supermarket last January 5.

The fire was declared out after more than 66 hours by the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) 7.

• Like 1

Went there today.

Aisles are much wider, most of the same range of products is there - lighting is bright as the sun :cool:

It's called a soft opening on the posters at the moment - and hopefully more of the surrounding stores will return. At this time only the French Bakery is there - and very little stock and range. Likewise the Metro Alcohol store outside of the registers is pretty bare, but a lot more of that is inside with the beer....

The delicatessen beyond the registers also hasn't returned unfortunately, and I don't see a space for it in the new layout.

Either way - glad to see it back, Ayala is easier to get to than SM City/SM Seaside for me - and Rustan's Ayala is hit or miss on a few items of late.

• Like 1
lamoe

Went to the super Metro in Pacific Mall for the hot sauce I like before found out Ayala opened - hopefully Ayala will carry it.

Headshot

You used to be able to get Frank's Red Hot and Tapatio hot sauces at Metro Ayala. Hopefully you still can.

lamoe
2 minutes ago, Headshot said:

You used to be able to get Frank's Red Hot and Tapatio hot sauces at Metro Ayala. Hopefully you still can.

Have been to the 4 close Metros - each seems to carry slightly different items in the International section.

Pacific seems to have the best condiment section - lawyer's products / El Yuccataca for me.

is it in this lot ? From Metro Ayala today.   I had my backpack cam on ...

image.thumb.png.64fff968c17bf53dc38001bb3c343173.png

• Thanks 2

To the Aussies here - I was happy to see Metro Ayala had Weet-Bix :biggrin_01:.  Not had those in so long.

Sure they only had Gluten Free ones - but how bad could that be ?

I just found out at breakfast :sick:

Made of sorghum ..... usually used for livestock feed I just read :thumbs_down:

image.thumb.png.48b47dc1b1315449d1ac344af09b8d6e.png

• Haha 1
lamoe
12 hours ago, GBT62 said:

is it in this lot ? From Metro Ayala today.   I had my backpack cam on ...

Didn't see it

267 P for 8 oz green / red / brown  - 204 P for black 4 OZ

She's starting to like the Green :dance2:

20181113_110016[1].jpg

Edited by lamoe

They had green ones also. I actually grabbed it thinking it was the Byron Bay Chilli-Coconut sauce I like :biggrin_01:

image.png.88a3e1a79e632e5b57d490315f199d5f.png

image.png.7010aceac566de07fa570d46e8352cf1.png

• Thanks 1
lamoe
13 minutes ago, GBT62 said:

They had green ones also. I actually grabbed it thinking it was the Byron Bay Chilli-Coconut sauce I like :biggrin_01:

image.png.88a3e1a79e632e5b57d490315f199d5f.png

image.png.7010aceac566de07fa570d46e8352cf1.png

No price so it's free? :ROFLMAO:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 9:15 AM, lamoe said:

No price so it's free? :ROFLMAO:

Russian roulette at checkout time more likely ;) Half the import stuff I bought still seems to have no pricing.

Old dog, new tricks :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
On 1/4/2019 at 8:08 AM, GBT62 said:

usually used for livestock feed

That will get your bowels moooooving!

Headshot

That video would have been better if they hadn't done all of the fast forward action. That could make some people motion sick. Plus, it wasn't possible to actually see the products because it was moving to quickly. I suspect that the aisles will get more crowded as they continue to restock. Filipino supermarkets are loathe to leave any space unoccupied ... even if it creates a problem for customers making their way through the store.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1