lamoe

AA battery testing which is the better value cheap vs expensive?

lamoe

• Like 2

rfm010

I use a lot of batteries so I've found eneloop rechargeables to be the way to go. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

raytech

Lots of problems with AA Duracell

raytech

I have a package of Duracell Quantum batteries expire 12/2023 when i opened they are all dead. Eneloop rechargeable is the way to go

• Like 2

lamoe

Have a ton of AA, AAA, rechargeables, even had a 9 V at one time.

Couple of years ago Sam's had an after X-mass sale 50% off  - chargers + 12 batteries (8AA / 4AAA) bought 3 sets (2 for after X-mass gifts) about $30 each if I remember right.

One side of one charger was bad, rather than go back to Sam's, contacted Duracell customer service.

Sent me a new charger and voucher for another set.

4  $60 sets for $90 :dance2:

Have found if it's an expensive and you don't need it right away or no replacement in store  item - contact mfg first.

Still have a 16 Oz push to seal Thermos  bottle, needed a replacement top - I broke it  - called their CS "how much?" -  not for sale - lifetime warranty even if you brake it.

Edited by lamoe

Goetz1965

I have AAA and AA Eneloop with a Ansahen charger that is capable of charging 12 cells together. 
Plus a bunch of adapters like this to make any size to any other size. That way I don't need regular batteries anymore.

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/1-set-4pcs-cell-battery-adaptor-holder-case-converter-switcher-aa-to-d-batteries-adapter-aa-to-c-battery-box-aaa-to-aa-size-intl-i111198657-s113226392.html

• Like 4

cookie47

Good morning, Hope everyone is having a good Christmas...

Note...... not all products work at full efficiency particularly Torches (that were not originally designed for rechargables) when rechargeable batteries are used.

"Normal" dry cell batteries are 1.5 volts

Rechargeable are 1.2V volts.(just checked my eneloops.)

This may "seem" of no issue and the
torch will work, but a 4 cell torch not designed for rechargeable batteries will be (point) 3 volts x 4 = 1.5 volts "down" from what the globe/bulb is expecting.This is also when the batteries are new. Thus the torch will "appear" slightly dull compared to non rechargeable.

This may well be quite acceptable for the user as they are saving money with rechargeable batteries, but it is visibly apparent.
I have a six D cell Security type torch that is visibly dull with rechargeables.

However i have both digital camera and hand held GPS that has menu options to select either "normal" or Rechargeable to fix this problem... I guess manufacturers of electronic products do consider this...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Irenicus
10 hours ago, rfm010 said:

I use a lot of batteries so I've found eneloop rechargeables to be the way to go. 

Yep. I brought over 10 of them five years ago and they are still working great.  Eneloops are great.

• Like 3

Goetz1965

Envelop can replace most of the used 1.5V batteries for example remote controls run perfect with Eneloop even they only have 1.2V. But I have figured out that some appliances are to restricted to pure 1.5V.

• Like 2