Landers meat dept - custom service

We went on Saturday to get our X-mass pork so she could make lechon.  Needed to marinate.

Got her a new 45 L convection oven - it's what she wanted. :tongue_01:

I like  higher meat to fat ratio than available in most per-cut / tied ones.

Asked to speak to a butcher - explained what I wanted - he brought out 3 slabs to chose from -  very helpful - took  awhile - worth the wait.

Cost was 1,175 P for almost 4 Kg. Also gave us some twine.

So much meat couldn't roll - more like fold - and the twine was way too thin - going to get real cooking twine before next half cooked.

Stuffed and rotisserie cooked for 3 hours. I helped - I cut it - she doesn't like my sharp knives

20181225_201009.jpg

• Like 4
We went on Saturday to get our X-mass pork so she could make lechon.  Needed to marinate.
Got her a new 45 L convection oven - it's what she wanted. :tongue_01:
I like  higher meat to fat ratio than available in most per-cut / tied ones.
Asked to speak to a butcher - explained what I wanted - he brought out 3 slabs to chose from -  very helpful - took  awhile - worth the wait.
Cost was 1,175 P for almost 4 Kg. Also gave us some twine.
So much meat couldn't roll - more like fold - and the twine was way too thin - going to get real cooking twine before next half cooked.
Stuffed and rotisserie cooked for 3 hours. I helped - I cut it - she doesn't like my sharp knives

20181225_201009.thumb.jpg.c3fc1c275a31acd60db8dbc25cbc3e70.jpg
I was lazy, picked up a 5kg regular and 3kg spicy boneless pork belly from cebus finest lechon at SM Lacion. About p500 kg and succulent. Tough to beat delicious crispy pork.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Just now, Enuff said:

I was lazy, picked up a 5kg regular and 3kg spicy boneless pork belly from cebus finest lechon at SM Lacion. About p500 kg and succulent. Tough to beat delicious crispy pork.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Her's is very spicy

Landers was not crowded at all

Headshot
1 hour ago, Enuff said:

We generally get a combination of regular and spicy there at Lechon Belly at SM Consolacion too. It is good, and it is convenient getting it there at the mall. One thing ... people should get it fairly early because they sell out on holidays like Christmas

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Headshot said:

We generally get a combination of regular and spicy there at Lechon Belly at SM Consolacion too. It is good, and it is convenient getting it there at the mall. One thing ... people should get it fairly early because they sell out on holidays like Christmas

Offered to buy premade. Bad suggestion

"Mine not good enough?" :taz:

Actually much better - less fat, more spice, juicer.

• Haha 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

Purchased 2 legs Christmas eve and boiled for an hour in water and seven up then into the deep frier for another hour turning regularly for Lechon Kawali. While that was going on slow cooked a ham on the grill for 4 hours over coconut charcoal while drizzling honey and oyster sauce over it. An hour before the ham was done placed a yellow fin on the grill too.

The rest of the family was cooking inside...spaghetti, 3 types of stinky fish and sweet macaroni for desert.

We should still be eating this feast tomorrow but ran out of beer early!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Dafey said:

Purchased 2 legs Christmas eve and boiled for an hour in water and seven up then into the deep frier for another hour turning regularly for Lechon Kawali. While that was going on slow cooked a ham on the grill for 4 hours over coconut charcoal while drizzling honey and oyster sauce over it. An hour before the ham was done placed a yellow fin on the grill too.

The rest of the family was cooking inside...spaghetti, 3 types of stinky fish and sweet macaroni for desert.

We should still be eating this feast tomorrow but ran out of beer early!

She spritzes water while rotating - makes skin very chunky - got  her a small spray bottle same time as oven.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, lamoe said:

She spritzes water while rotating - makes skin very chunky - got  her a small spray bottle same time as oven.

Crunchy