Sign in to follow this  
Ozepete

Chiropractor in Cebu City

Ozepete

Can any members recommend a good Chiropractor in Cebu.  Not the type that make funny mumbo-jumbo noises while tapping ya on the head, someone who actually knows what they're doing, properly trained. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

• Like 3

smokey

I tried the new one in seaside when my knee twisted really hesitated to go for the 4200 peso exam went in said my back was messed.up so BEFORE. He would work on my knee i needed 20 sessions to fix my back.   Well started taking b 12 and a.few massage later all is fine.       I think parxis is better right to the point 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

nothingbutquestions

Pardis Chiro Ayala Mall -closed today Sun 23rd, Mon 24th, Tues 25th, and Tues morn of 26th, charges P2500 for a session. Reviews bounce all over - great to horrible. I am leery myself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

jtmwatchbiz

we had a few friends use that one at ayala and they seemed to like the results.  pete have you considered seeing a well qualified local Dr first for some xrays and evaluation?  PM us if you like and we can hook you up.    

• Thanks 2

Dafey

I really like Pardis...you can purchase 10 sessions in advance and save a few pesos. Of course you should try him first for full price and if you like him buy the package. Everybody either loves or hates a particular chiro.

When I went to him I always remind him that 'for me' the twist the hips move they do makes it worse. He's more than happy to take direction if you know your issue well.

He also has an inversion table which I like a lot!

• Thanks 1

Headshot

• Thanks 1

smokey

Pardis gets right to it dont try upselling a 2 year program 

Soupeod
19 hours ago, Ozepete said:

Can any members recommend a good Chiropractor in Cebu.  Not the type that make funny mumbo-jumbo noises while tapping ya on the head, someone who actually knows what they're doing, properly trained. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Good = a Chiropractor with a degree in radiology as well. As Fred said xrays are a must.

then also realize most Neurosugeons do Not recommend a Chiropractor.

A funny qoute from a friend of mine “If your car is broken do you keep taking it in to get fixed every week?”

just a few things to consider in your decision.

/cheers

Dafey
7 hours ago, soupeod said:

Good = a Chiropractor with a degree in radiology as well. As Fred said xrays are a must.

then also realize most Neurosugeons do Not recommend a Chiropractor.

A funny qoute from a friend of mine “If your car is broken do you keep taking it in to get fixed every week?”

just a few things to consider in your decision.

/cheers

I don't usually disagree with Souperman but I have some extensive experience on this topic.

It is correct an xray can give some input as to back issues however they only see bone. Usually back pain come from the nerves in the spine touching something that they shouldn't be. This could come from many causes including slipped or bulging discs. Discs do not show up on xray. But, an MRI would give a better idea.

I used to go to a Doctor of Orthopedics for my back pain because I bought into the 'Chiropractors are quacks' theory but I was often in more pain when I left his office than when I went in. The thing is, he never took xrays and twisted my back to manipulate it much like a chiropractor would.

What I came to find was there are as many 'quack' doctors as there are chiropractors. I guess somebody had to graduate last in his class. :unsure:

I finally couldn't stand the pain anymore and a friend recommended a chiro. I went in and he felt every vertebrate with his hands and interviewed me extensively about the pain. He told me we would do tiny adjustments until we found a combination of moves that worked for me. After the first adjutment, 80% of my pain was gone and they packed ice on my back as therapy after. By my second visit I was 100% pain free.

The thing about a 'bad back' is once you have it, you have it for life. So...I would see him about every month for maintenance and a special visit if I did something stupid and 'threw' my back out. Over the years I've learned or gotten accustomed to being extremely cautious with my day to day movements. Amazingly the tinniest movement in the wrong direction can cause days and weeks of excruciating pain.

Everybody's back and back pain is different so you have to recognize the symptoms of your own body and act accordingly. Chiropractors and DOs are also all different so you should find one that works for you.

Women who suffer from chronic back pain have compared the pain to giving birth except it lasts a lot longer. Those who don't have back pain have a hard time to sympathize as they can't see a wound.

• Like 2

Soupeod
5 hours ago, Dafey said:

But, an MRI would give a better idea.

Totally agree brother, forgot about that. :)  I've had xrays and complete MRIs done on my entire spine.  

• Like 1