Sign in to follow this  
Irish_Geo

MyBus free between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.?

Irish_Geo

Just read that next year between 9pm and 5am all Mybus rides in Cebu will be free.

At 25php, if I remember right, its cheap enough already. But handy I suppose if you arrive / are up and about in that timeframe.

• Like 1

savarity
Also, just read that next year between 9pm and 5am all Mybus rides in Cebu will be free.
At 25php, if I remember right, its cheap enough already. But handy I suppose if you arrive / are up and about in that timeframe.
The price from the airport has gone up a bit, but that's interesting news about after 9pm, because I didn't know Mybus ran after 9pm. Thought that was near the time the routes stopped.

Woolf
8 hours ago, Irish_Geo said:

Also, just read that next year between 9pm and 5am all Mybus rides in Cebu will be free.

Can you provide a link to that information ???

Never mind I found it

it is only for call center agents

SunStar

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1777256

MyBus to offer free bus service between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.

December 5, 2018

MYBUS will start transporting call center agents for free anytime within the month after the Cebu City Government and MyBus operator Metro Rapid Transit Services Inc. (MRTSI) signed an agreement to provide free bus rides to workers at the Cebu I.T. Park.

Mayor Tomas Osmeña and Councilor Mary Ann de los Santos signed the memorandum of agreement (MOA) on the City’s behalf, while Arnold Famudulan, general manager of MyBus, represented MRTSI. 

Osmeña said the bus service will not be limited to call center agents. “Anyone who works at night, it’s free. You don’t need a ticket, you don’t need a pass. Call center agents are primarily at risk. Even if you are not from Cebu City, you can ride,” he said.

The City will also set up a satellite office in a City lot in front of the Cebu I.T. Park near the Waterfront Cebu Hotel, which will provide real time basic services 24 hours a day and seven days a week, the mayor said.

Osmeña said he will shoulder the expenses for the construction of the satellite office.

The free bus service will be available from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Its route will be from the Cebu I.T. Park to Andok’s on Juan Luna Ave. corner M.J. Cuenco Ave. in Barangay Mabolo.

The MRTSI will deploy three buses, but it will have the discretion to cut the number of units, subject to a prior written notice.

Under the MOA, the agreement is valid and binding for one year from the signing date, unless sooner terminated by the parties by mutual agreement in writing.

The City, on the other hand, will coordinate with the concerned national or regional agencies to ensure the continuous implementation of the project.

The City will also assist MRTSI in securing designated pick-up and drop-off points along the route, at no additional cost to the former.

The City will also supply diesel fuel to MRTSI for its services, at no additional cost to the latter. (RVC)

Edited by Woolf

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

Osmeña said the bus service will not be limited to call center agents

mmmm

Woolf
6 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

mmmm

oooh well, ok  

but it is not the normal my-bus routes

Edited by Woolf

lamoe
2 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

mmmm

SM City to Waterfront I believe

• Like 1

Irish_Geo

I got the info from Sugbo.ph

"Mayor Osmeña said that this is for the safety of those working at night. It will be for free even for those who are not from Cebu City."  

"...to ferry night shift workers from IT Park to Mabolo."                               

Didnt read all of that..  Only that one route...  Ah well :)

savarity

"The free bus service will be available from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Its route will be from the Cebu I.T. Park to Andok’s on Juan Luna Ave. corner M.J. Cuenco Ave. in Barangay Mabolo."

So, from IT Park to SM? Yeah, that's probably only of interest to those working in IT Park. Would be nice if the normal routes ran to the airport during the early hours, 11pm-5am, even if it cost a bit MORE during that time. I always try to schedule my flights out during the early hours, to skip traffic, but it also basically requires a 300p taxi/grab ride.