Any suggestions for Christmas lunch?

Jim Sibbick

Already had enough of people banging things at the door and squawking (singing) for a few seconds and expecting money.

And looking to avoid any relatives or ex relatives who think they have a claim on me at Christmas.

So I am in Cebu City now.  Girlfriend will join me in a couple of days. I think she is also seeking to escape requests. 

Any ideas for a place for our Christmas lunch. I am hoping for less than P1000 per person.

Thankyou in advance for all replies!

• Like 1

bigjim we went sm seaside early this year many new restos  ifound the older ones ok i my self will go again when i do annual report  ace hard ware is there

Headshot

Jim, where are you staying in Cebu? Any of the major hotels in the Cebu metro area will have a Christmas buffet, and most of them are less than 1,000 pesos per person for lunch.

Jim Sibbick

Thankyou both.

For the last 23 years, when in Cebu City, I stay at the Cebu Century Hotel. I am not hard to find when in Cebu City! 

Maybe 6 or 7 Christmases ago, there was a member who had a restaurant at the terraces and a few of us had Christmas lunch there. I was hoping for something like that. 

I like Vikings in SM. I have been in contact with them today. They said P932.40/head for Christmas lunch. If no one else replies, I will just book with them. 

Thankyou again!

• Like 2
Headshot
7 hours ago, Jim Sibbick said:

I like Vikings in SM. I have been in contact with them today. They said P932.40/head for Christmas lunch. If no one else replies, I will just book with them.

Well, if you ask me, Vikings is the best buffet in the Cebu metro area anyway, so that is a good choice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Jim Sibbick
2 hours ago, ellenbrook2001 said:

just PINOY food nothing special

If you mean vikings, even when it is not a special day, they have roast lamb, roast pork, roast beef, roast chicken. 2 times ago, I was wandering past the roast section and a chef leaned over the counter and asked me if i wanted ribs. The ribs filled my plate.  One of the every day desserts is bread and butter pudding which is definitely not pinoy. They also have prawns, There is a japanese section, a korean section a dim sum section a pizza and pasta section. As well as pinoy foods.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, ellenbrook2001 said:

just PINOY food nothing special

If vikings only have pInoy food, then I LOVE pinoy food!

streak03

Quite sure you dont have to go to Vikings to get pinoy food lol hahaah

ellenbrook2001

ha ha  you all make me laugh was joking that funny how peoples react enjoy your CHRISTMAS 

• Like 2
Jim Sibbick

Didn't go anywhere because i was sick. All I ate yesterday was a sandwich. Everyone else went off to Vikings and enjoyed themselves at my expense.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Soupeod

I had Christmas lunch in the city with all the family. Balut.. man up! 😄

• Haha 1
Davaoeno
49 minutes ago, soupeod said:

I had Christmas lunch in the city with all the family. Balut.. man up! 😄

Are you one of those pussies who only eats the 16 day old balut ?  I like the  21 day old- then you can hear the little bugger " quack" when you bite into it !! 

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Haha 2

Last year we went to Buffet101 for Christmas lunch and it was a quite good selection.

This year tried to get into Marco Polo - all they could offer was sitting by the pool (in the heat or rain most likely).

So we tried the Bai Hotel buffet .......... exceedingly average - was just the standard daily fare, and much, much less variety than Vikings or Buffet 101. Surprising, as the manager was a westerner (sounded Irish).

Next year ......  an Aussie BBQ by the beach I think .... if I can find someone to burn the snags properly  while I swing in the hammock sipping whatever is coldest at  hand :biggrin_01:

• Like 2