Sign in to follow this  
Salty Dog

Trolls

Trolls  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Forum Get Rid Of The Habitual Trolls?

• No
    • Yes
    • Give Them A Warning
    • Give Them A Suspension

Jester

The problem with trolls is they drive the worthwhile members away.   I bitched about one on another forum 2 years ago, he is still there and has driven 3 good members away. I seldom go there myself anymore. 

• Like 7

Bama

On 12/20/2018 at 6:15 PM, RangerUp said:

Once they get too involved in "over-moderating" content, editing posts, removing comments, that's when the problems start -

This just reinforces what Ranger posted.

Ozepete
1 hour ago, shadow said:

I have a different point of view. I think a Troll is someone who repeatedly makes posts just to rile up others.

So you are calling me a Troll?

Sorry Larry, absolutely not.  I have never called you or anyone a troll, what ever that is! :scratch_head:

But if you feel you are missing out, perhaps I could break the rule just for you!! :P

• Haha 4

SkyMan
3 hours ago, savarity said:

Sounds like your definition can include anyone "sour."

It can be. Someone who doesn't post much valuable content but just snide comments or attempts to demean others would fall into the troll category. 

9 hours ago, Cgu said:

Put an actual real post, which you consider trolling, so we know what your definition is

Trolling is not about a single post but a behavior over time.  You can be a general troll or troll one or a few select members. General trolls are easy to spot and may even be looking to se what they can get away with before getting banned. 

As for difference of opinion, yes someone can feel like another is trolling them because they have a different opinion but the staff is quite capable of telling the difference.  Perhaps there's a troll problem in the CR which wouldn't surprise me and is why I don't go there. I don't see a lot of trolling in the regular forums.

2 hours ago, Ozepete said:

or you should and will end up on your arse!! Simple!  :good:

So you're in favor of banning then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Salty Dog

I think I've got a good idea of many member's thoughts on the subject. The vote was pretty much a 4 way tie. 

I don't think anything additional can be gained here. Members pointing fingers and naming names isn't appropriate here. If you feel someone is trolling you or others, please report the post(s).

• Like 6