Bama

Philippine Congress Agrees To Extend Martial Law In Mindanao

Bama

http://philippineslifestyle.com/news/

Philippine Congress agrees to extend martial law in Mindanao

Congress has approved President Duterte’s request to extend martial law in Mindanao for another year, to “put an end to the on-going rebellion”.

A total of 12 senators voted to extend martial rule in the southern island until December 31 next year. Five were against and one abstained.

On the part of the House, 223 voted to extend, 23 were against and there were no abstentions.

With a final total vote of 235 for an extension, 28 against and one abstention, Congress voted to extend martial rule in

In his letter to Senate President Vicente Sotto and House Speaker Gloria Arroyo dated December 6, the president said “rebellion still persists in Mindanao” and “public safety requires the continuation of martial law”.

He argued the extension would enable the Army, the police and other law enforcement agencies “to finally put an end to the on-going rebellion in Mindanao and continue to prevent the same from escalating in other parts of the country”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

noddle

When I was in Davao just over a month ago,  it did not impend my daily activity,  I saw a few more soldiers walking around in the city,

I think it's good.. don't know why people complain, since it's to make it safer for everyone..

• Like 5

RedRanger
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:36 PM, noddle said:

When I was in Davao just over a month ago,  it did not impend my daily activity,  I saw a few more soldiers walking around in the city,

I think it's good.. don't know why people complain, since it's to make it safer for everyone..

I was there in October, I saw daily road blocks checking for ID and searching cars.  Caused a lot of traffic.

I drove into Davao City from Digos City on a motorbike, had to go thru military checkpoint in Toril.

We also motorbiked to General Santos and had to deal with military checkpoint entering.  They wanted to look under our seats for explosives I assume.  

The soldiers were very friendly and happy to chat with us.

Davaoeno

Never- as in not once- have I seen roadblocks causing " lots of traffic" either in Davao, entering Davao , or leaving Davao. And I've lived here for 9 years !  I drive  here  every day. 

I have driven Manila to Davao twice, Iloilo to Davao once, Cebu to Davao 5 times, several times to Gen San, Davao to Cebu twice. The safest I have ever felt in the Philippines is in Davao. They take great measures to keep Davao as safe as possible. But never to the point of causing " lots of traffic" .

• Thanks 2

colemanlee

If I were into city living Davao would be on the top of the list

RedRanger
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:00 AM, Davaoeno said:

Never- as in not once- have I seen roadblocks causing " lots of traffic" either in Davao, entering Davao , or leaving Davao. And I've lived here for 9 years !  I drive  here  every day. 

I have driven Manila to Davao twice, Iloilo to Davao once, Cebu to Davao 5 times, several times to Gen San, Davao to Cebu twice. The safest I have ever felt in the Philippines is in Davao. They take great measures to keep Davao as safe as possible. But never to the point of causing " lots of traffic" .

I was there in October, came in from the airport taking a taxi to the bus terminal. On the way to the bus terminal road they had road block on both sides checking ID, caused about 10 minute delay.

I guess you are just butthurt about what I said to you recently, Get over it and let it go

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:37 AM, colemanlee said:

If I were into city living Davao would be on the top of the list

Not if you had to deal with the silly traffic there, it pretty bad