Anthonytt

Balikbayan Stamp

Anthonytt

Think I would know this by now, after over a dozen trips to the Philippines. I have a question about Balikbayan stamp. If I enter the Philippines with my wife I know that I will get a BB stamp in my passport. So I'll be good for a year. But, what if I need to go back to the US by myself after say 8 months? (Wife can't accompany me because her 2yr.Re-entry Permit will invalidate) Will I have a problem with immigration? Do I need an exit clearance? As I will not have extension stamps just the BB stamp? 

shadow
8 hours ago, Anthonytt said:

Think I would know this by now, after over a dozen trips to the Philippines. I have a question about Balikbayan stamp. If I enter the Philippines with my wife I know that I will get a BB stamp in my passport. So I'll be good for a year. But, what if I need to go back to the US by myself after say 8 months? (Wife can't accompany me because her 2yr.Re-entry Permit will invalidate) Will I have a problem with immigration? Do I need an exit clearance? As I will not have extension stamps just the BB stamp? 

No problem with immigration. I believe you will need an ECC.

You will not get a BB again if you enter without your wife. 

I'm not sure why your wife's re-entry permit should invalidate, a re-entry permit is valid for multiple entries as long as it is within the two year validity.

Woolf
10 minutes ago, shadow said:

I believe that NO ECC is needed

• Like 3

HeyMike

I have a BB and have been leaving the Philippines without my wife for years. I have never needed exit clearance. Immigration always asks where my wife is and I tell them and that is the end of it. They stamp my passport and I proceed to enter the gate area.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

cookie47
I have a BB and have been leaving the Philippines without my wife for years. I have never needed exit clearance. Immigration always asks where my wife is and I tell them and that is the end of it. They stamp my passport and I proceed to enter the gate area.
Same here.
Have arrived twice on my own due to my wife having to depart Australia on her own for funerals.
When arriving some days/weeks latter when the immigration officer was perusing the passport i asked can i have a Balakbayan.

She asked where is your wife, i said gone ahead to a funeral.(and then she proceeded to ask Town/city details )..... No problem...
I guess? It helps if you have a Balakbayan stamp/s already (which i did). But it still is luck of the draw...

Of course this is NOT the "official" immigration policy..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Woolf

just back  from immigration

asked about bb and ecc,   no ecc needed 

as long as no extension stamps  then no ecc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HeyMike
36 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Same here.
Have arrived twice on my own due to my wife having to depart Australia on her own for funerals.
When arriving some days/weeks latter when the immigration officer was perusing the passport i asked can i have a Balakbayan.

She asked where is your wife, i said gone ahead to a funeral.(and then she proceeded to ask Town/city details )..... No problem...
I guess? It helps if you have a Balakbayan stamp/s already (which i did). But it still is luck of the draw...

Of course this is NOT the "official" immigration policy..

If I understand your post correctly, you are saying you arrived here in the Philippines without your wife, but still got your BB.

I have never done that, nor would I even try. I know some do get the BB without the wife or just with their marriage certificate, but I can not afford to get rejected. I need the BB. So, I always arrive with my wife. She needs to visit her family for a few months, and I visit my family for a few month, anyway.

What I was saying, and I think the op was asking, is that when you leave the Philippines, if you need an exit clearance for that. I have never needed an exit clearance to leave the Philippines without my wife. And as has been said, that is correct... no exit clearance needed to leave when you are here on a BB.

• Like 2

cookie47

If I understand your post correctly, you are saying you arrived here in the Philippines without your wife, but still got your BB.
I have never done that, nor would I even try. I know some do get the BB without the wife or just with their marriage certificate, but I can not afford to get rejected. I need the BB. So, I always arrive with my wife. She needs to visit her family for a few months, and I visit my family for a few month, anyway.
What I was saying, and I think the op was asking, is that when you leave the Philippines, if you need an exit clearance for that. I have never needed an exit clearance to leave the Philippines without my wife. And as has been said, that is correct... no exit clearance needed to leave when you are here on a BB.
Yes you understood me correctly, I have arrived on my own and availed a BB, Just lucky i don't know..
In reality i could have just been happy with a tourist visa as the time span to stay(for me) was within the tourist 30 days.

I'm just pointing out that i "asked the question" re Balakbayan issue and got it issued,, but would NEVER tell anyone its a GUARANTEED.

I did see the part asking about the ecc but have no experience in that matter
Cheers..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JohnSurrey
25 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

I'm just pointing out that i "asked the question" re Balakbayan issue and got it issued,, but would NEVER tell anyone its a GUARANTEED.

Yes that's about the size of it - In my case the Immigration Official asked me if I wanted it ... PHP 5000

cookie47
Yes that's about the size of it - In my case the Immigration Official asked me if I wanted it ... PHP 5000
John, well sorry to hear that.

My experience was a pleasant affair.

No financial implication of any sort.

As i said a few questions and then have a nice day.

I've said this before on LINC and probably sound like a broken record but I've never had issues with immigration with or without my wife...

• Like 1

shadow
39 minutes ago, JohnSurrey said:

That would have been a bargain!

Anthonytt
18 hours ago, shadow said:

You will not get a BB again if you enter without your wife. 

I'm not sure why your wife's re-entry permit should invalidate, a re-entry permit is valid for multiple entries as long as it is within the two year validity.

Really? Wow I thought that it can only be used once. Thanks so much for that tip! Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

SkyMan

For those with BB visa who did not enter with your wife...  I recommend you never let anyone at immigration see your wife's passport.  Even if you were given the visa by an immigration official they shouldn't have and if the BI finds out it could go badly.  Just sayin'....

fred42

I arrived a couple of times with my child and without the Mrs.. The Immigration staff made a few comments about my cute Filipino/Brit child looking like Harry Potter and BANG...BB privilege.
Job done!

• Like 1

SkyMan
10 hours ago, fred42 said:

I arrived a couple of times with my child and without the Mrs.. The Immigration staff made a few comments about my cute Filipino/Brit child looking like Harry Potter and BANG...BB privilege.
Job done!

No problem there.  Parents of a bb are also included in privilege. 

• Like 1